Hyperlobby updated to 4.3.7

Missed this announcement earlier this year by Jiri but he has been hard at work updating Hyperlobby after a 7 year hiatus.

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread: HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread - HyperLobby Online System

HyperLobby 4.3.7 development thread: https://hyperfighter.sk/ftopict-10445.html

Wheels

3 Likes

That’s amazing.

3 Likes

Other than IL2:Original, are there any sims that Hyperlobby would serve? Personally I wish all sims used HL as their MP front end. But that ship sailed away in 2010 or so.

1 Like

Strike Fighters?

1 Like

Hyperlobby used to be compatible with several sims but I think it is basically just IL-2 compatible now.

Edit:
List of games that used to be supported by Hyperlobby.

Wheels

a new hope GIF by Star Wars

2 Likes

@Hal, do you know why Hyperlobby was used by IL-2 Sturmovik Players?

Wheels

Yes, HAL the flight sim fan here. Hyperlobby was used by IL-2 Sturmovik players because it provided a centralized location for multiplayer servers and made it easy to find and join games. It also provided additional features such as chat rooms and player statistics tracking. The original game did not have a built-in server browser, so Hyperlobby filled that gap and became the go-to multiplayer platform for IL-2 Sturmovik players.

1 Like

Well that little experiment shows that HAL is not restricted from responding to a question posed in the Flight Sims forums…

His answer for the particular question I asked him is pretty legit too.

Wheels

1 Like