I just jumped onboard the Tesla hype train :)

Is it VR compatible though? :thinking:

I think a VR version will be the only one I can afford anytime soon :wink: .

1 Like

Talk about ā€œparadigm shiftā€ in terms of the automobile industry ā€¦ Iā€™d literally treat a Tesla car like a cell phone! :smiley: It has a center console that looks like a super large cell phone and Iā€™d plug it in after getting home from work to recharge and download software updates as needed LOL! :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogbo0Vg5huM

1 Like

And to think that Iā€™m excited at the prospect of getting a ā€˜budgetā€™ Model 3 ;).

So, 10 months laterā€¦this just happened! :grin:

Tesla is really pushing to get as many Model 3ā€™s delivered by the end of the weekend as they possibly can. It is the end of the quarter and hopefully for the first time, the company start to show a profit. Such a shame that Elon Musk has put himself in a precarious position with his reckless Tweeting after all the hard work and vision it took to get to this point.

The delivery centers are so swamped that they are now offering to deliver cars directly to customerā€™s homes in some cases. In my case, they had to do that because they didnā€™t get the temporary registration done in time for the weekend. So I canā€™t drive it until probably Monday which is a bit of a downer, but at least I can take some time to learn how everything works and look over the car carefully to see if there are any problems with it etc etc.

14 Likes

That is a properly nice carā€¦! Congratsā€¦!

1 Like

Thanks Chris! Iā€™m itching to try it out. Itā€™s going to be a long weekend!

1 Like

You are Big Pimping my friend. Congrats! Very cool ride.

3 Likes

Oh snap! That is one fine looking machine. I am not a car guy at all. But a touch of envy is creeping in.

1 Like

Same for me, Iā€™m not a car guy by any means, except when it comes to Teslas. My car before this was a lightly used 2006 Mini Cooper S. For the time being Iā€™ll be keeping the Mini as well.

I dislike big expensive cars for reasons, but the Tesla gets a pass. Its so futuristic. And electric. And wraps your organs round your spine like a viper in burner. And you got a dark blue one too, you got class my man! :beers:

2 Likes

Nice car but me on this - New Panigale V4: The Evolution of Speed

all is dust in my side mirror :sunglasses:

Elon Musk is a genius though, I read he got himself in trouble though recently

4 Likes

Not much is going to beat a fast bike off the mark, although the Tesla P100D has crazy acceleration in Ludicrous mode. My Model 3 is a bit slower though. :wink:

2 Likes

Edit: Delete. Too morbid. :slight_smile:

Last time I was in Stockholm I got to sit in a Tesla. I was floored by the level of technology in and how different the car was. Iā€™m a car guy since I was 5. It seems Tesla did everything better. More room, more tech and no Petroleum. You couldnā€™t swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla in Stockholm traffic. They are a big success there.
Living in Qatar, Iā€™m taking advantage of low fuel prices and i bought my dream car about 6 weeks ago. I bought a 2011 Camaro SS w a 6 speed manual. I dont drive it everyday, but itā€™s a blast for 2 or 3 days a week.

3 Likes

What I do like about TESLA apart from all the new technology, is the sturdy solid flat chassis designā€¦

How long does it take to charge using this ?

5 Likes

1 Like

A fine choice! Iā€™m a Honda guy myself but hot damn, those italian bikes make me warm up inside and cry a little too(maintenance eehā€¦)

Slightly off topic, but are those ā€œTesla Wallsā€ still a thing or has the interest wained in the states on those?