I just jumped onboard the Tesla hype train :)

Definitely still a thing, but again, production can’t keep up with demand so far.

Also, different utilities are playing with different rules when it comes to solar, metering, energy storage, etc, so it’s more useful in some areas than others. Ditto for tax rebates or credits when it comes to solar - a lot of municipalities or utilities are finding those going away, got a lot of reasons beyond the scope of this thread.

Beautiful design and paint Paul. Is it navy blue?

Looking at it for a while made me realize its kinda a rip design from a 2018 Porsche Panamera

2018_porsche_panamera_angularfront

Wonder what Porche has to say about it…

1 Like

Probably that Tesla came to similar conclusions as them with regard to aerodynamic efficiency of a given body style.

2 Likes

yeah I guess so many now with the same look even Ferrari’s the same look at the front on Jap or European cars.

Older cars are better for their genuiness classic designs

1 Like

I think it is safe to say it would just be quicker to walk :wink: .

Seriously though, there are people getting by with the standard 110v power outlet over here, which results in about 5 miles for every hour of charge.

I had an electrician out earlier this week to install a 240v, 50 Amp NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage (the kind of outlet we would use for a tumble dryer). That gives me a charge rate of 29 miles per hour.

You would rarely charge the car to 100% to protect the longevity of the battery, so I can easily charge up over night. It will be like waking up each morning having the car with an almost full tank of fuel.

I was initially going to go with red, but I changed my order earlier this month to blue (they call it Deep Blue Metalic), with the white interior. I was hesitant about getting the white interior because it would show up any wear and tear, coffee stains etc far more than the black interior would, but it certainly looks sharp right now, and the white seats make the car feel far more bright and open when you are sat in it. The all glass roof helps with that too.

1 Like

Hardly a unique design for Porsche, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, fill in the blank.

2 Likes

what the heck is that looks like its rear ended someone :laughing:

1 Like

The front does look similar, the back end, not so much IMHO. It really is just a scaled down Model S with a trunk rather than a hatchback. The inside looks like nothing else out there.

Not to belittle anyone’s design, but Honda might have been first out of the gate. Wife v1 had one of the first CRXs. It was rather spacey at the time.

But I think all of Tesla’s designs are top notch.

6 Likes

I always thought the CRX was a sharp looking car.

3 Likes

That CRX is a car I would enjoy driving!

2 Likes

LoL it hit me that Toyota has more in common with…

The-Predator-movie-trailer-and-information-935096

Now you fall off the chair me thinks :smile:

1 Like

Sigh… I lusted after the CRX Si’s when I was in high school…

2 Likes

Just a couple of interior shots, because it is so different than anything else out there, and then I’ll stop boring you all :slight_smile: .

10 Likes

Double super bonus points if you can pull up MUDSPIKE on your MFD and in particular, viewing this thread :laughing:

3 Likes

Amazing looking car that Tesla - is the tablet a freebie with the car?
:sunglasses:

Other than that you just have space to put things?

Was looking at new cars today but Electric still seems to be next to non existent with the mainstream (looking at you Ford) - okay there are a few token efforts (Nissan Leaf) like there have been in the past but as usual they are mostly undesirable.

Okay I look at the progress - smaller Petrol engines - but with power like bigger engines used to have - how do they do this - oh Turbo charger - things have come so far (doh)

Be good if Tesla could do a smaller model in the Audi A1 and Ford Fiesta class - that might kick a few people if the price is right.

I think the Model S and X have a web browser, but so far the 3 doesn’t. That could easily change though with a software update. One of the very cool things about Tesla vehicles is that they can have significant upgrades activated through over the air updates. A great example of that was when Consumer Reports gave a not recommended score based on less than good breaking distance tests. So Tesla made some software adjustments to the break system and pushed it out to the fleet over the air, and then asked CR to take another look. Whatever they adjusted made enough difference that the CR score was upgraded. Any other vehicle would have to be recalled to a service center.

2 Likes

The main competition right now for the Model 3 would be the Leaf (the new ones are a lot better than the earlier versions), Chevy Bolt (by all accounts a good EV) and the BMW i3. None of them have a Super Charger network though, which is vital if you want to take a decent road trip. They also don’t have the range that a Tesla offers. In other words, the mainstream manufacturers are significantly behind Tesla in a number of ways.

3 Likes