I thought I was in NTTR

But it was really just Arizona and Palm Springs. But it FELT like NTTR…LOL… I even got to see Meteor Crater west of Winslow where I took a Cessna 172 into decades ago (young and dumb)…

And I can see why Southern California is having a water problem. Trying to turn the desert green…lol…kinda looks like a battle destined to be lost…

Palm Springs in gorgeous. 88 degrees. The beer and enchiladas with mole sauce were awesome too…

BeachAV8R

4 Likes

Didn’t go to Sherman’s in Palm Springs? You’re missing out!

1 Like

My head was on a swivel. Everywhere I looked it seemed a descent bar or restaurant. We ate at Rio Azul…was very good…

Our nurses ate at the Fishermen’s Market and Grill. Looked pretty good too…

Had a couple beers at the Village Pub…even though we were warned by the desk lady at the hotel that “there are fights in there”…LOL…looked like a pretty mellow crowd to me.

Looks like a fun town…

Can confirm, but it’s probably early enough that you’re not getting the more terrible elements from LA and Riverside coming out there yet. Glad you had a good time!

1 Like

The lady pinned the fights squarely on the Marines out of 29 Palms…LOL…boys will be boys… Sounded like our kind of joint though…no lips were bloodied…you’re right, we probably caught it way too early. (I’m getting to old for those late night drinking sessions…)

1 Like