IL-2 1946 now working with VR

Seems I have fallen behind with what can and can not be done regarding VR capability with a modded and possibly the stock version of IL-2 1946. I found a thread started in 2019, VR in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 / BAT works! OMG! Meaning of life found!, over at Special Aircraft Service by UberDemon (Also danzigzag) detailing what needs to be done for it to work.

I have not tested it personally but UberDemon seemed to be pretty impressed with the results.

Wheels

4 Likes

Now see. I have other stuff I need to be doing and you go posting that. Dang it…

2 Likes

Let us know what you think about the experience.

After the great Il2 GB VR implementation, it was a bit difficult for me to like the VR in 1946.

It was fun nonetheless and great to see that even such an old dog could do new things :vr:

Day late and a dollar short but I am looking forward to trying the old girl in the hood :vr:

1 Like

Could we get together at the weekend maybe and try it, I have a hunch that it may use less ram than other apps and could be a good one to test a theory that me and @komemiute have been working on.

1 Like