IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Really Is Unrecognizable From Release

Blue section RTB with two Heinkels in the bag.

3 Likes

Wait what? I thought VR support was still to come, you saying it exists currently?

I believe that was wishful thinking, especially given that the post is 11 mos old.

Edit: I was released early from jury duty yesterday and rewarded myself for doing my civic duty by enjoying a WW2 combat afternoon. :slight_smile: I also went through the steps of getting CloD to run in VR via ReShader and the Steam Virtual Desktop. My conclusion is that although VR works, it is so inferior to native support that it’s not worth the effort.

I also researched VR support in CloD a little further and have a slightly different opinion. While it’s true that the TF team has been pretty quiet as of late concerning native VR support in either 4.5 of 5.0, indications are that it is most likely going to be added in one of those updates. If I had to guess, I would say 5.0, since it is such a paradigm shift in the way one interfaces with the sim, and given the amount of teasers that they have released for 4.5. So far, they’ve shown new terrain textures, new flyable aircraft (Beaufighter and Wellington), and new prop collision modeling,

So yes, I think that native VR support is coming from TF, and worth the wait.

haha,oh man, I need to look at dates closer. One of those days. Thanks.

1 Like

A TF 4.5 WIP video showing new France textures and I believe new Wellington bomber, of which the DM is pretty amazing. I’m really glad that Team Fusion is getting paid and continuing development of COD. North Africa map coming as well.

4 Likes

Any release date?

Not for either TF 4.5 or 5.0, which will be North Africa focused. I check in every now and then in this forum to find out how the dev work is going.

1 Like

THAAANKS!

Also dev work posted here komi.

In late Summer, it’s hard not to think about that air battle fought over Southern England, now 77 years ago. I decided to rebuild my Cliffs of Dover Steam install to get things synced up with anything new coming down the pipe from Team Fusion. Found that there were indeed a few changes as compared to my previous manual TF mod install, the most obvious being beautiful menu screens. Then downloaded and began the Redux RAF campaign anew. Having just finished listening to The Last of the Few for the third time, I have new found love for the Hurricane. It does quick work of Dorniers for sure.

Mission 1 shots. Downed a Do17, but RTB’d to find that the Huns had beaten up our airfield. Will need to mindful of a few bomb craters on landing.

1 Like