IL-2 Great Battles Screenshots [2022]

A little online formation flying shenanigans.

Wheels

6 Likes

Nice wheels
Back in the day my brother and I spent many hours flying in formation on our way to the target, only to quickly get shot down quickly once we engaged bandits. Lot of fun

4 Likes

Danger close!!

Wheels

5 Likes

Toying with his Prey…

Summary

The AI 109 literally pulled up just behind me on my 5 O’Clock and peeled off and headed the other direction and headed home. The only thing I can think of is that it had run out of ammo or the guns had been damaged in some way cause it sure was not due to me being out of range. I had no clue one had got so close and was stalking me until I watched the track later :scream:

Wheels

7 Likes

Yikes, that’s a bit startling
Or the pilot was weary of the death of war and allowed you to live another day

1 Like

I am happy i did not know it at the time or I would have likely tried to maneuver away from him and crashed into the terrain or broken the plane apart from pulling too many G’s. My plane was already heavily damaged and quite likely it would not have taken much to finish it off.

Wheels

1 Like

Yes you were trailing some vapor, pilot figured you’d crash without any more input from him perhaps. Limping home a damage aircraft is difficult enough with out evasive maneuvers. Rewarding as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Literally the opposite of that animation… Path of hate was it?

1 Like

I managed once to return to base with a damaged I-16 (no ailerons after I foolishly dived after a 109 :grimacing:) only with the rudder. Managed to land it too which felt great :+1:

4 Likes

Oscar’s dilemma. :scream:

Lol, At this point he had 30 aircraft chasing him.

Watch Oscar’s dilemma from my viewpoint.

Watch full May 07, 2023 Group session video in this post.

Wheels

4 Likes

Here are two videos showing how we do our campaigns at FTC.

A briefing:

A Raiders mission (light bomber squadron)

3 Likes