IL-2 Great Battles Updates 2019

FEoeKKa

Not sure what to think of that. Sounds a little too “arcady” for this series

I just bought bok on a steam sale. Looking forward to seeing the 1943 caucasus map :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh yes its very nice. However Gelendzik has no tarmac on the runway yet. Just a grass field, everything looks the same just different. I am glad we now have a map with green in it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

More and more impressed with this series. Frequent updates and great content.
I’m loving Flying Circus, but its not a popular era. Or maybe everyone is waiting on the map for M/P. Fingers crossed.

Tank Crew looks sick. Its the only one I dont have. Yet

With only a few planes FC really isn’t ready to do much other than an occasional free flight or dogfight.
I still have RoF installed for WW1 for now.

I’ve just finished Jaegermeister’s Achtung Jabos scripted campaign and beginning Veteranen’s JG51 over Velikie Luki scripted campaign. One of the nice things about Great Battles are the many free community developed scripted campaigns to complement the official campaigns. Some of them are so well made with original language voice-overs and environmental enhancements, like random radio chatter, that they are the equal of payware, IMO. Achtung Jabos is rather simple, but I most definitely know how to fly and fight in the P-47D after completing the 14 mission campaign. Now want to learn some of the Luftwaffe aircraft and understand the challenges of the Eastern front.

5 Likes

I agree that FC is more of a novelty currently - I wish they’d give it a separate launcher. Not only does it seem clunky putting planes from two different eras in the menu, I’d like to be able to set up controllers completely differently.

Gun sounds are significantly better than RoF, though.

2 Likes

And VR

1 Like

This IL2 really shows how to update game. Not years to get new map or AI fixes etc
 steady flow of bug fixes. Hope that one other company makes move to same quality customer service :wink:

1 Like

Well, it’s early access. I accept that it isn’t ready for prime time, its main function right now is to let me do a quick dogfight or two in WWI planes while I wait for my squad to get online for us to fly the WWII birds. :slight_smile:

I had hoped to one day replace RoF with this, but I feel the large amount of work put into RoF means it will never be replaced. We will have a successor inside Il-2 but it will never have the same vast maps and large number of planes. If it takes this much work to port the RoF planes to Il-2, it will never be cost effective to do that.

1 Like

Ironically, it is to RoF what RoF was to the old IL2. When a game gets mature enough for players to appreciate its strengths and accept its limitations, it holds incredible staying power. If RoF was playable in VR I would gladly go back.

2 Likes

Me too, I love my Gotha :sunglasses:

Yeah, I haven’t taken the VR plunge yet, that’ll have to wait until the next upgrade (2022-3) but should be phenomenal.
I recall the first time in RoF I used TrackIR
 looked out over the cockpit edge in a Pup at the lines 10,000 virtual feet below and got a twinge of vertigo :grimacing:

3 Likes

Dear friends,

Today’s Dev Blog is really short - we’re working on finishing the update 3.101 full time. This update will be very huge, its change list consists of more than 70 points already. Be warned by the way - because of the critical amount of changes, the track and mission format will be changed, so if you have interesting tracks convert them to videos beforehand. If you’re an author of a custom mission or campaign, be prepared to resave your creation after the release (it can be done quickly using ‘Convert missions to binary in folder’ in the Mission editor). So, we have a lot of work on our hands at the moment, but it’s not very exciting to tell about it. However, we have an interesting thing we can show you today.

1.thumb.jpg.a5eff81ac4e86f408f63f0a876038416.jpg

The plan is to have the external textures of all Bodenplatte aircraft in 4K quality. This is possible thanks to new texturing techniques and the help from our community members =ICDP= and =BlackHellHound1=. For instance, today we can show you the Me 262 as you’ll see it in the coming update - in all 4K glory.

2.thumb.jpg.27bcf863a53ac4b3dd1b743881a6b74e.jpg3.thumb.jpg.b647895e335e659f5545fda4d0ea2c80.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.f1443d3d93bb241d39d70e21063beedc.jpg7.thumb.jpg.182dd9811ebc5a55c784e45c33ae60cf.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.59ffeb9788f648e5af3dbf3e518fd9e5.jpg6.thumb.jpg.68cd51e2cd7a6410ef8763f19f33bc95.jpg

See the world combat debut of our Me-262 at FS Expo 2019 in Orlando, FL June 8-9 Booth #505. Jason will be there putting it through its paces with a 6DOF motion-sim by Gforcefactory and VR.

1319237503_2019FLIGHTSIM_EXPO_IL2.thumb.jpg.7987355489866e18378645865a89b5ff.jpg

7 Likes

Oh man, one of the joys of flying GB are the huge amount of scripted campaigns and custom missions. This is going to be tedious unless they have some sort of batch process in the ME. I might actually have to RTFM :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Change of underpants please! I thought this day would never come

Looking forward to this update. The Me-262 was one of my favorite planes to fly in the old IL-2 series.

Wheels

2 Likes

Very much look forward to the patch as well, but not because of the Schwalbe. I will fly it, but only for curiosity. The Se.5 and the albatross are the main dish for me.

6 Likes

Amen!! Theres no real opponents to the jet. But I am curious. The Albi on the other hand
 Yes!!!

1 Like