Inaugural Mudspike Christmas Flight

Inaugural Mudspike Christmas Flight

By @BeachAV8R - December 20, 2015

Originally published at: Articles - Mudspike Forums

One of the traditions I used to enjoy each year at one of my previous haunts was the annual Christmas Flight. Conceived by longtime simmer Deacon, the Christmas Flight was a chance to come together as a community for a fun and laid back event surrounded by the spirit of goodwill that the holiday season often brings (unless you are in a Walmart on Black Friday). Thus, we’d like to begin our own tradition here at Mudspike with our first Annual Mudspike Christmas Flight. The rules are simple.

• Fly the sim of your choice (FSX, X-Plane, P3D, DCS World, Rise of Flight, etc.,)
  • Fly any aircraft you like on your “mission” – fighter, transport, seaplane, helicopter – it is up to you!
  • Take off from the airport closest to your home location (or in a sim without your location, perhaps the southernmost point of the map)
  • Fly as far north as you can to a suitable airport to pick up presents and return them to your hometown
  • Encouraged to use real time weather and time to make things interesting
  • Fly as much of the route as you like, or just make it a one way trip, or just do the takeoff and landing – there really are no rules – just have fun!
  • If you’d prefer, you can always just start the flight at the northernmost point and fly home
  • Flights can be flown at any time up to New Year’s Day

Once you’ve completed your flight, or during your flight if you are flying in stages, post up a few screens and report on your flight. In the interest of being inclusive, your flight does not have to be a “Christmas” flight – instead, celebrate the New Year, or Hanukkah, Festivus, or whatever you feel represents the spirit of the event.

Post your screenshots, AARs, and descriptions in the official AAR thread: HERE!

Have fun and we look forward to reading about your flight!

Chris “BeachAV8R” Frishmuth

5 Likes

Yay, Christmas!

Do we put the flights in here or in a Special Xmas/Kwanzaa/GabenSale AAR thread @BeachAV8R?

Plus wanted to say, really nice screenshots in that article - that texture on the lead one looks amazing. :thumbsup:

1 Like

How about in this thread:

2 Likes

So jelly of the paintjob. I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to skin my Concorde and have given up. Something something DXTbmp something reconstruct.

1 Like