Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

I remember plane specific settings from ROF, very ‘handy’ :slight_smile:

I would speculate about luxury of real WWI airmen.
I think field mods were very common also at that times.
And would belive that they had many more options in this regard than we have in games.

Is there a chance that Logitech will also sell X56 HOTAS as separate units ? ( for reasonable prices of course :slight_smile: )

I experimented with this also.
This is how I did it on my X55. Two cable ties. It is the softest spring and the ties made it a bit shorter so it feels even softer and with the spring in place it still provides the centering.

2 Likes

You’re a freakin’ genius! Of course you are. All helicopter pilots are geniuses.

:ok_hand: :sunglasses:

I should try this out with my old X55 stick.

I replaced it with the TMWH and haven’t looked back but the reality is that I fly enough helos that the default centering force of the non-extended Warthog is not fit for purpose. It makes it a lot harder to fly with a relaxed cyclic hand.

I use trim a lot, which helps, but it still means that I end up ham-fisting manoeuvres: holding the stick off centre means fighting the centering force, preventing you from making very small corrections…the alternative is trimming and re-centering the stick but that is a bit clunky as well. You kind of have to guess the right trim point and find out after re-centering if you got it right or if you’re still off…not great when you’re trying to stabilise for a rocket run or whatever.

Wonder if an extension for the standard WH base would help. I just really like that grip and I’m hesitant to go back to the plastic feel of the X55.

1 Like

Any smart solutions for the stiff throttle throw?

1 Like

Mine is pretty good. I think I have it full-loose or nearly so. If it’s been awhile I work it fore and aft a few times.

I also had it full-loose from beginning. What I actually did then is that I disassembled the throttle unit and extracted all the tightening mechanism. Because I didnt use it anyway.

Its little better than before but I guess the next step could be cleaning the default vaseline and replacing it with something different.

1 Like