Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

► Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

You’ve seen our initial concepts earlier this year, you’ve see our working-prototypes at MAKS 2017 - but today we are incredibly excited to officially announce the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle!

Based on the feedback from the community, testers and professionals, we’ve made many changes since our initial concepts. This feedback is a true testament of the endless, exciting things that are possible with the help of you, the community!

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle is a fully featured, dual-engine throttle unit based on the generation 4 and 4++ modern fighter jets. Designed to complete the VPCockpit MongoosT-50 control set, it can also be used as a stand alone USB device.

As with the VPC MongoosT-50 Base, the mechanics are constructed from high precision aircraft-grade duralumin which include fully adjustable idle and afterburner detents.
The full feature set includes a huge number of controls surfaces and configuration possibilities that will surely satisfy even the most avid of virtual pilots!

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Base

• 9 x Buttons
  • 7 x Toggle Switches
  • 2 x Axis Dials
  • 3 x Encoders + Push
  • 2 x Throttle Axis
  • 1 x Auxiliary Axis

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Handles

• 4 x Buttons
  • 2 x 2-way Switches
  • 1 x 4-way + Push Hat or 1 x Analogue Mini-stick
  • 1 x 4-way Hat
  • 1 x Wheel Axis

With our VPC Configurator software, the 8 x buttons on the base can be assigned up to 40 bindings through the use of shift-states.

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will be available for 239.95 EUR. All existing owners of the VPC Mongoost-50 Grip up until the release of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will receive a special 15% discount code to help them complete their VPCockpit setup! VPC Founder’s Club members will also receive their 5% discount.

Stay tuned for further information including availability and shipping dates!

10 Likes

Looks like the footprint is the same as the Warthog throttle, so will it work with the Obutto WH adapters? Also, any idea when we can get technical specs on the internals?

Color me very, very interested.

Holy crap! That is some fantastic looking throttle right there!

This has been what i have been waiting for. Specs on internals please and any info on stick + throttle combo price. My card is itching and Christmasmas is getting closer

And if virpil says …“if you hold the stick and throttle and close your eyes, sounds and images of F-111’s will fill your head”

Then…

5 Likes

I am also after that info.

Also, was looking for this image of this side of the throttle, saw the site was updated so wanted to add it here.

3 Likes

I just can’t help thinking how great the axis lever on the throttles is going to work great with nozzle angle for the Av8 by razbam…

Would also be great for wing sweep on the f111 …

2 Likes

That really, really looks good.

1 Like

Looks like a nice unit. How will the detents work, mechanically? Do you have to lift the throttles? Are they regions of increased resistance?

Ditto!

I believe that’s the idea.

@miRage this might be the throttle replacement you have been waiting for.

I am wondering whether to get it myself. I have the Warthog throttle in use, which I think is excellent (in contrary to the stick). But there are some things I don’t like about the Warthog:

-The throttle is uncomfortable to hold. The front part has about a half-dozen of sharp edges and corners that cut into your fingers, especially after long use. I understand it is an exact replica of the A-10 throttle, but contrary to pilots, I tend to not wear gloves when simming. The T-50 throttle looks really comfortable to hold on the other hand.
-That awful mini-stick. Do I need to say anything else?
-No rotary axis on the grip for radar-elevation.
-The switches layout of the Warthog base is difficult to make full use of (and some are very hard to reach as well). I don’t use extra software to assign controls, because I do not want to fumble with profiles every time I fly a different aircraft. All my control assignments are done in game. In practice this means that I don’t use most of the switches on the WH at all, just the two buttons. While the T-50 throttle seems to have a lot of switches as well, it also has a fairly good number of easy to use buttons. Also those encoders are an excellent idea.
-The default WH’s afterburner detent.

On the other hand, there are a couple of things I love about the WH:
-The modified afterburner detent. After some cutting and sanding of the detent piece, it is a wonderfull push-through to go into full afterburner.
-In general, the throttle movement, precision and the “lift-to-idle” function are excellent, satisfying the primary function of the unit.
-The slider is excellent, with the perfect amount friction and a smooth center position. This will be hard for the T-50 to match.
-The positioning and design of the flaps lever is great. Probably my most used input on the throttle other than “throttling”.
-The WH looks great. I also like the green lighting. I know it is superficial :slight_smile:

Overall a hard decision to replace it.

Heehee do you guys really really care how much it costs?
:sunglasses:

This looks compelling indeed :sunglasses:

I just spent 14 months thinking about spending the cost of half a tank of gas on the F-5E Tiger. A whole HOTAS set would be a whole new level of angst! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol @fearlessfrog, i am the same.

I think it’s masochistic to be honest. Our online bank software did a recent update and now shows average spend per store across accounts with fancy pie charts. We spend an average $1200 a month at Costco apparently. The last new car I got I spent about a day or two thinking about it before just doing it. But a HOTAS, wow, now that’s a serious spend, can’t rush that! :wink:

4 Likes

@vpc_virpil Any news on if there will be a special combined price to buy both the throttle and t50?

Thanks

Existing MT-50 Grip owners get a discount on the Throttle as mentioned in the announcement - I’m also sure we’ll be creating a “VPCockpit” bundle with the MT-50 Flighstick, Throttle and Desk Mounts, all included :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks very much for the reply. great news, I look forward to hearing about that.