Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Introducing VPC – About Us
VPC (VirPil Controls) is a team comprised of designers, engineers, software developers and virtual pilots with the goal of bringing in a new class of high-end, high precision flight controllers to the consumer market.

28th December 2016 // Announcement No. 01
► VPC MongoosT-50 Flight Controller —The dream of every virtual pilot.

Even yesterday this was just a dream, but soon, you could be one of the first virtual pilots to take to the skies with our brand new flight controller based on the fifth-generation of Russian fighter jets.

Today, VIRPIL.COM are proud to announce our debut flight controller; the VPC MongoosT-50, which consists of a flight stick, dual lever throttle unit and singe-axis rudder pedals. All of which are built with our very own high precision, fully adjustable and all-metal mechanisms.

Using a combination of unique engineering solutions, high-tech equipment and materials, alongside the fastest and most precise electronics available, VIRPIL.COM can help virtual pilots realize the true potential of their aircraft.

To compliment our flight controllers, our revolutionary VPC desk mount can transform your computer desk into a full blown simulator cockpit—the VPCockpit, in just a matter of minutes. Allowing ergonomic placement of the flight controls, you will minimize the need to use the keyboard, allowing you to concentrate on the action!

VPC products will be available in the official web store from February 2017.

Stay tuned for further announcements at the www.virpil.com website.

I would also like to invite all to follow us on Facebook @ [url]https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls/[/url]
And also on Twitter @ [url]https://twitter.com/VirPilControls[/url]

30th December 2016 // Announcement No. 02
► MongoosT-50 Stick Grip - When design becomes art.

For a very long time it has been the grip that many virtual pilots have dreamed of. Some have tried to create it, but none have succeeded; it eventually became legend.

And now, that long awaited moment is finally here, we present to you the VPC MongoosT-50 Russian fighter jet grip!

Like a sculptor chipping away at marble, we have skillfully worked on our design to create a masterpiece; A true work of engineering art.

Featuring a wide array of controls, including:

• Dual-stage Trigger
• Folding Trigger
• 5 Buttons
• Two 4-way Hats
• Two 2-position Switches
• Analog Brake Lever

The ergonomic design also includes an adjustable wrist rest catering for a wide range of hand sizes, allowing long play sessions without experiencing discomfort.

After enduring extensive testing by experienced virtual pilots across the most popular simulators, we are confident in our design.

The VPC MongoosT-50 stick grip will be released February 2017 at a price of €159,00 which includes the TMWH adapter.

I would also like to invite all to follow us on Facebook @ [url]https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls/[/url]

7th January 2017 // Announcement No. 03
► VPC MongoosT-50 Mechanics - innovative, adjustable, precise

The mechanics/gimbal are often the most criticized component of any joystick. Even with many different designs and approaches, it has been impossible to please everyone. However, with our design we believe we are closer than ever.

Our engineers have designed a compact and elegant solution that allows virtual pilots to control their aircraft with unmatched levels of precision. Both the X/Y axes operate on their own independent cams, with co-axially mounted springs which provide completely separated loading forces. Made from aircraft-grade duralumin, the mechanism is both lightweight and durable.

Our mechanism provides a huge range of adjustability. Each axes spring tension is adjusted via hex socket bolts, which can even be adjusted on-the-fly through the access ports on the top plate, negating the need to disassemble the joystick or replace any springs.

Included are 2 different cams; hard-center and soft-center, which can be combined to create your desired stick feel.

The maximum stick deflection is 15º+15º on both axes which provides a sufficient travel range for high levels of accuracy without compromising practicality.

Complete instructions on how to adjust the stick perfectly for your needs will be available on VIRPIL.COM.

The joystick can be used in a number of configurations: on the desktop with the VPC base plate, center mounted/side mounted with the VPC desk mount, or floor mounted which will require DIY fitting to your own setup.

The VPC MongoosT-50 flight stick (base and grip) will be available from March 2017 for €289,00.

10th January 2017 // Announcement No. 04
► Join the VPC Community Today!

Today we are pleased to announce our website virpil.com is open for registration!

Registering will give you access to our Community Forums where you can discuss VPC Products, flight sims, DIY projects and everything inbetween.

All registrations before 23:59 (GMT) February 1st, 2017 will also enrolled into the VPC Founders Club. The VPC Founders Club will give users a special forum rank, access to an exclusive VPC Founders Club sub-forum and a lifetime 5% discount off all VPC products!

After 23:59 (GMT) February 1st, 2017 entry to the VPC Founders Club will be permanantly closed! However registration as a regular user will still be possible to access the VPC community.

See you on the Forums!

[url]https://virpil.com/en/registration[/url]

14th January 2017 // Announcement No. 05
► VPC Pre-Orders Opening on 16/01/2017!

VPC are pleased to announce that on Monday 16th January 2017, our official website will be open for pre-orders!

Available for pre-order will be:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter - €159,95
• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm) - €24,95
• VPC Desk Mount - €34,95

• TMW Mounting Plates (Base or Throttle) - €9,95

We will also be offering a huge 15% grand opening discount for our pre-order customers.

VPC Founders Club members will also receive a 5% discount on all virpil.com orders including pre-orders. Want to become a VPC Founders Club member? Sign up at www.virpil.com before midnight February 1st!

Finally, we are very excited to announce that all pre-order customers who have liked and followed the VirPil Controls Facebook page will automatically be entered into our grand opening prize draw.

We will be giving away 1x MongoosT-50 grip, 1x VPC TM Extension, 2x VPC Desk Brackets to customers who have pre-ordered the respective product. Customers who pre-order all 3 products will have a chance to win any or all of the prizes!

Complete information on pre-orders and the prize draw will be available on 16/01/2017 at www.virpil.com.

7 Likes

Hi @vpc_virpil and welcome to Mudspike.

The forum software flagged this as spam so I unlocked it (as it reads too much like a straight press release). We’ll be happy to hear about the new stick and what makes it good from you though. It seems interesting stuff to the people here.

Your account will be able to post links/images once you’ve engaged with the community here first. Tell us about VPC and the MongoosT-50 please.

1 Like

Yep very interested.

1 Like

Hi @fearlessfrog,

I did fear this would happen, I attempted to find the facilities to PM a moderator ahead of time but was unable to find how to do so!

I am happy to tell the Mudspike community about our team and the MongoosT-50 though!

We are a small team of passionate flight sim enthusiasts. VPC was founded February 2016 and is based in Belarus, I am the English representative based in the U.K.

The VPC MongoosT-50 project began because there is a hole in the market - high quality modern jet fighter grips combined with high quality, high precision adjustable metal gimbals.

The name “MongoosT-50” (МангусТ-50) is a bit of Russian wordplay. “Мангусt” = Mongoose and “T-50” = 5th Generation Russian fighter jet - the PAK-FA. And as we all know the Mongoose is an excellent Cobra killer :wink:

The VPC team is incredibly excited to bring our project to the public and strive to make as many flight simmers as possible happy with our products.

And of course, as the English representative I will be available as the point of contact for anything and everything VPC. If anyone has any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask!

5 Likes

Great - thanks for that. I’ve unrestricted your account so you should be able to edit/new post with links and more than one image now.

Any word on a North American price / shipping option beyond March? Are these custom orders with a bit of a lead time?

1 Like

Thanks! I have updated my first post with all our images + links.

Price for NA customers will be what is stated on the announcement (as per exchange rate at the time). We will be offering worldwide shipping from the virpil.com webstore (which will be opening soon!) but I’m unable to quote any exact shipping costs at this point in time.

These will not be custom orders. We plan to have constant supply of stock to fill demand as much as possible, but undoubtedly there will be an element of limitedness (and increased lead times) as we try to keep up with demand!

3 Likes

Equipment looks great, @vpc_virpil! Very high-quality. The underslung desk mount is interesting approach - doesn’t work in my corner desk setup, but very clever!

I’m not able to view your webpage. Anybody else? Chrome gives me a “Not secure!” warning. When I override that I’m congratulated with a 404 page.

Yep, Chrome/Firefox/Edge will block that. If it helps VPC, the error is that the SSL certificate is not from an issuer that is in most browsers ‘trust chain’, as in the certificate works it’s just not signed by the next organization above. The actual way to fix that is complicated, and the easiest thing to do is just update to a free or inexpensive cert from a store that is already in the Cert Authority list. Either that or just ask your hosting provider to not use a self-signed certificate and buy/upload a CA listed one.

I can get beyond the cert issue, it’s this I’m having trouble with:

edit: duplicated the issue in Internet Exploiter, too.

worked for me on firefox

The redirect to English /en path is failing because of the cert.

On Chrome etc, try hard refresh as the redirect that’s broke might be cached.

ctrl+F5

Looks like they now fixed it but it’s cached somewhere is my guess.

EDIT: Direct links for me works, but YMMV :slight_smile:

EDIT2: Hmm, nope it seems to intermittently fail on the cert still.

1 Like

Plus on this topic, really tempted by this just for that analog brake lever - that looks great. Getting tired of dancing on buttons with the Spitfire :boom: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ditto! The buttons on that stick grip are phenomenal.

Hard to tell from the image in @vpc_virpil’s post, but the throttle doesn’t look like much of a slouch, either. Dual throttle, lots of buttons and switches, mmmm…

2 Likes

This stuff is looking great. I like the center stick mount. The grip looks awesome as well. Didn’t we see a gimbal prototype in the Russian forums a few years ago?

My G940s throttle has its third breakdown and needs soldering again. I’m sick of it. Unfortunately vipril shop hasn’t opened yet.

Hi @EinsteinEP @fearlessfrog, apologies for the issues accessing our site. We’re currently working on getting it resolved, I’ll post here with any updates!

We’re very happy everyone is liking what we’ve shown so far!

Further details on our shop will be released soon!

1 Like

Hohohohoh, that looks really friggin’ nice.

When I splurge next time, I’ll be looking into this. Any word on a US vendor?

2 Likes

Currently we do not have a dedicated US vendor, but we will be offering worldwide shipping from our webstore. And of course as the English representative I’ll be available to help out as much as possible!

Time to start saving my nickles and dimes; I really want to have a proper brake lever for the MiGs.

2 Likes

10th January 2017 // Announcement No. 04
► Join the VPC Community Today!

Today we are pleased to announce our website virpil.com is open for registration!

Registering will give you access to our Community Forums where you can discuss VPC Products, flight sims, DIY projects and everything inbetween.

All registrations before 23:59 (GMT) February 1st, 2017 will also enrolled into the VPC Founders Club. The VPC Founders Club will give users a special forum rank, access to an exclusive VPC Founders Club sub-forum and a lifetime 5% discount off all VPC products!

After 23:59 (GMT) February 1st, 2017 entry to the VPC Founders Club will be permanantly closed! However registration as a regular user will still be possible to access the VPC community.

See you on the Forums!

[url]https://virpil.com/en/registration[/url]

1 Like

14th January 2017 // Announcement No. 05
► VPC Pre-Orders Opening on 16/01/2017!

VPC are pleased to announce that on Monday 16th January 2017, our official website will be open for pre-orders!

Available for pre-order will be:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter - €159,95
• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm) - €24,95
• VPC Desk Mount - €34,95

• TMW Mounting Plates (Base or Throttle) - €9,95

We will also be offering a huge 15% grand opening discount for our pre-order customers.

VPC Founders Club members will also receive a 5% discount on all virpil.com orders including pre-orders. Want to become a VPC Founders Club member? Sign up at www.virpil.com before midnight February 1st!

Finally, we are very excited to announce that all pre-order customers who have liked and followed the VirPil Controls Facebook page will automatically be entered into our grand opening prize draw.

We will be giving away 1x MongoosT-50 grip, 1x VPC TM Extension, 2x VPC Desk Brackets to customers who have pre-ordered the respective product. Customers who pre-order all 3 products will have a chance to win any or all of the prizes!

Complete information on pre-orders and the prize draw will be available on 16/01/2017 at www.virpil.com.

4 Likes