Is your DCS launch checklist getting a little long?

Couple nights ago it didn’t work…
Maybe it’s recognised but it isn’t assigned. :frowning:

This is probably exclusive to TrackIR. For other periphery (rudders, sticks, etc.) this does definately work for me.

1 Like

I am sorry you had issues recording some of your flights with Tacview.

I am surprised, because launching Tacview main application before DCS World does not have any impact on the way data is recorded. Tacview main application does not touch DCS World installation, and it does not record any data (unless you are using the real-time telemetry).

On the other hand, Tacview exporter is now a module of DCS World. As soon as it is properly installed, it will automatically and transparently be executed every time you start a new mission in DCS World.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that it works most of the time. Occasionally, you have to restart for controllers to be detected.

It just recognized TrackIR for me while running. Since i stupidly broke the USB connector of my MFG pedals, they often don’t get recognized by windows unless i unplug and replug them. This time, TrackIR wasn’t connected either but when i unplugged and replugged the pedals, suddenly the sim picked up TrackIR. So if you ever find yourself in the situation that TrackIR isn’t connected, try unplugging and replugging something else, would be interesting to me if this is reproducible.

2 Likes

I was able to reliably reproduce this, so yes, it can recognize TrackIR while running, you just need to unplug some USB device and plug it back in.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thank you kind sir!

So can you do this without unplugging it. like disable and enable the device ?

Haven’t tried that. For me unplugging some device works faster than calling up the device manager.