It's my birthday..but there's nothing on sale I want to buy

I’m tellin’ ya’…I gotta make the rounds to @chipwich and @PaulRix’s house. Too bad most of my trips are such short layovers (2 hours)… And I doubt I’ll need full room VR…maybe at some point if I got a garage or something, but I definitely don’t have the room in my computer area/living room…

Can’t wait to experience it though.

And I did buy something for my birthday…the Carenado C-185F Bush…

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

Love that plane. My main epoch aircraft.

That does look fun to fly!

Regarding Rift vs Vive, it does seem that currently for simulations, the Rift is the best choice. It’s light, comfortable and the ATW feature really does make a big difference. Also, if you don’t need the Touch controllers (which I don’t think will be very useful when flying sims), then the Rift comes in at $200 cheaper than the Vive. That is not to say that the Vive isn’t a great product, but for our niche hobby where we are simulating being sat in a cockpit, the Rift is the better choice right now. Obviously just a personal opinion so YMMV.

2 Likes

Really nice bush plane that @BeachAV8R.

FYI Google Maps show house of @chipwich 13 mins each direction to PDK :smiley: Can have crew meal (Chick fil-a) ready if needed.

1 Like

Ha…I’ll give the nurses my credit card and tell them to eat at the Downwind while I steal the crew car for an hour… :sunglasses:

I’ll give you a heads up if I get a trip heading that way…we’ll see if it will work with your schedule…

Beach,
Glad you got something for your bday. Saw a guy on TV landing one of those in a shallow stream in Alaska. It was a recue. That thing can go ANYWHERE.

Happy Day! Have Fun.