It's September....less than 3 months until Christmas

Not gonna lie, that idea had crossed my mind, since seeing the Goodyear Blimp mod on the forums.

1 Like

I have a zeppelin in my FSX hanger. While itā€™s not the fastest out there, cruising at 65 knots 24 hours a day does make a lot of head way.

1 Like

So, has anyone else opened skyvector yet? :innocent:

2 Likes

I haveā€¦and the routing options are quite daunting for this trekā€¦ especially if you plan to fly something small.

This is a quick and dirty general routing from Austin, Texas.

2 Likes

I might actually be able to do this trek. It looks like my December Pilatus school might be getting moved due to a few month delay in our aircraft being delivered. That would suit me just fineā€¦

1 Like

Yeah know itā€™s funny, with the exact same start, I had a completely different route in mind:

J/K I am debating going down to South America and then hoping across the Atlantic in one long leg.

The main issue is what to fly (both AC and sim). Itā€™s shame the hanger in MSFS doesnā€™t have better options.

2 Likes

That would be an interesting route, but nearly 4000nm longer and with a prevailing headwind.

Iā€™m toying with the idea of using both sims. I have the excellent TBM900 for X-Plane, and then I could switch over to MSFS for the areas I donā€™t have scenery for (ie Africa and most of Europe)ā€¦ but the TBM is kind of boring. Iā€™m also thinking that I could fly the whole trip in the JustFlight Vulcan in X-Plane. Iā€™ll have to give it some thought.

2 Likes