JoystickProfiler (JoyPro) for DCS

What this is: a community developed free utility that allows a DCS user to create a single controller profile and push it to all modules, greatly simplifying the process of either setting up as a new user or adding/replacing hardware flight controls. The base control profile can be as simple or detailed as desired. This utility is under development, so use at your own risk. Please read the associated documentation, watch the videos, and backup your <Windows Profile>\Saved Games<DCS>\Config\Input folder before proceeding.

Where to Download:

My relations template to save you a bunch of work creating one:
chipwich_template_v0032.zip (103.2 KB)

DISCORD

Introduction: (watch first)

How to Add Relations. If this is TLDR, use my template above.

6 Likes

That is very cool! I have been using DCS for so long that I actually ENJOY using the DCS control profiler. I attribute this to a technological form of the Stockholm Syndrome.

4 Likes

Update: while an amazing utility, the developer, Holdi601, is still working out some bugs, especially when adding modifiers. If you want to help debug, best to jump on his DISCORD server (link in OP above). Since my original post, he has add two more versions, including a function to manage and name modifiers. It’s coming along nicely. When its reasonably well cooked, I’ll post a get-started guide here.

Importantly, he has added a way to swap in new controllers without doing the whole song and dance. Pretty brilliant, IMO.

exchange-device

2 Likes

Update, Holdi601 pushed an update (v0025) Saturday night which squashed all reported bugs, including one that I was having regarding using modifiers with your stick’s POV hat. As a test, I deleted everything in \Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input and pushed a profile. So far have tested the P-51D, MiG-15bis, Hornet, and MiG-29G. Everything worked perfectly.

One thing that using the profile has let me do, is fly way more aircraft in DCS than the usual 5 that I’ve taken time to configure controllers for. For instance, the MiG-29 is really amazing, but I hadn’t flown it in a couple of years, because I’d procrastinated configuring controller setup. It’s also helped me push a consistent config over all aircraft, something that I had tried to do but failed previously.

2 Likes

Joystick Profiler version 0032 released. Bug squashing for major features release in v0030.

4 Likes

Joystick Profiler is up to version v0038 with many new features. I’ve created a new template adding many more commands, including engine management for the P-47D, as well as fixed some bugs in my v0032 profile template. T-45 is still a WIP. Since I can’t edit my original post above, please download from either the github or dicord links in my original post. Cheers

1 Like

I reset my windows, trying to get rid of a highly annoying mouse lag bug, and of course my controllers all changed ID. Because why the heck not. So I tried looking into this thing.

I tried “Exchange Device” but it didn’t seem to do much. Is there somewhere I can read what this thing does, not watch a bloody 30minute youtube?

Feeling pretty darn dumb at the moment, getting stumped by the git page and the thing itself. But it’s late and I should just let it be for now.

I reckon it’s better to get this to work than do another mass rename of the files, right?

I feel your pain comrade. Unfortunately, the documentation is inadequate and the developer has not paid much attention to Joystick Profiler (JP) lately. He will answer questions on discord (link in the OP above). As to your specific query, the exchange device feature has only worked for me when I was already using JP and had a profile built. What I think that you are trying to achieve, is to import your configurations from DCS and simply swap devices without building them from scratch. I’m not sure if it will work that way, but since I am frequently wrong about many of life’s mysteries, may I suggest popping into his discord channel and ask that directly?

In the event that your attempts are futile, you could use my relations template, which is good for about every module in DCS (except rotors), and will save you many hours of tedious input. And I’m happy to jump on discord next weekend and walk you through using the program. Otherwise, you might have to watch a few videos, by your favorite YouTube influencer :grin: In JP, pick your sim from the top drop-down box, and DCS instance from the bottom one. Unzip dis sucker and use the Load Relations button in JP.

chipwich_template_v0039.3.rl.zip (126.2 KB)

1 Like

The author is back working on Joystick Profiler, has added a bunch of features and bug fixes. Check the GitHub link in the OP for the latest version and his discord server for support and discussion. Tutorial playlist below.

1 Like

I need this!

1 Like
© 2021 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ