Kai Bear’s first flight..! 🐻

The kid flies better formation than I do…he’s probably already ready for tanking in the Harrier… :rofl:

10 Likes

So I just poked my head into his bedroom…and see he is playing MSFS… I look closer and…he is flying cross country. Inverted.

13 Likes

In the C152? Maybe you should check the realism settings :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It looked like the King Air maybe…he was in the 3rd person viewpoint…might have been that Diamond twin though…

1 Like

Kai’s cousin Joseph on the go at Asheville, NC…

The three of us at Johnson Creek…(3U2)…the boys learning a little bit about altitude and performance!

Funny thing is…I bought them both a nice Klipsch speaker setup to hook up to their new computers. I’m actually jealous because they sound way better than my Sony setup. Anyway, I went to bed last night early-ish and they were staying up later with the admonishment to go to bed soon. I’m drifting off to sleep, but through the walls of the house, every so often…I hear that deep bass rumble of the crash sound effect that MSFS does when you crash a plane. :rofl:

10 Likes

Expectation:

Falling asleep to the droning sound of aircraft engines, as if it were white noise.

Reality:

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

That kid is a natural!

I dug that nose low slice turn he did to get back to the airport.

Kai has the makings of a true angles fighter.

5 Likes

Actually watching the video of Kai’s first flight again I thought of Dart and his real life flights.

Wheels

3 Likes

Congrats to your son (and you). I sent my 15-year-old daughter up on her first Trial Instructional Flight from Bankstown in Sydney yesterday in a Piper Archer 2 and she is hooked. Now she’s trying to work out what job will let her earn enough to get her PPL!

7 Likes

Wow, that was bloody awesome

It may sound obvious…but working on the line at an airport is almost always beneficial to building experience and time. Being around airplanes, fueling them, getting to know owners…that was how I ended up catching a break. I worked from 5AM to 2PM each day on the line fueling, washing, and moving aircraft - then would work from 2PM to 10PM some nights flight instructing. Full immersion if you love the profession can get you where you want to be…

8 Likes

Plus, working line service teaches you to treat the line guys with a little bit of respect.
I have flown with a few pilots in my career that didn’t treat the line crew too well. Invariably they had never done anything in the industry except fly.

7 Likes