Keyboard commands - am I missing something?

Afternoon All,

I am one of those ‘EA’ F16 Pilots (insert sneer or such here lol)
but I’m curious- while I’m well aware that this is an incomplete system - did they leave out instrumentation lighting? I have been looking about but I’m not finding anything.

Cheers!

1 Like

Right side of the cockpit, consoles behind the stick, there’s four knobs for console and instrument backlighting and flood lights.

3 Likes

I thank you, sir! :+1:

1 Like

Wait, I thought he was looking for the Keyboard commands for those…

is there a keyboard command (such as found in the F15C)?

1 Like

Not by default as far as I know. If you want to bind them for yourself you can head over to the F-16C controls and then head to the ‘right console’ controls list. You’ll find the internal lighting controls in there.

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

I’m having a pleasant time w the Viper. I should say, I am having a Great time flying the Viper against the Fulcrum.
I dont understand a couple of things. I fly a the Warthog using default commands. So boat sw back and I’m in close combat mode. I then push TMS Up for bore mode or TMS dn for Vscan mode. It seems to time out… is this accurate?
Then how do I switch missiles? Is there a hotas command? Reaching for the MFD buttons is taking too long.
If I go boat sw Fwd, how do I lock on? How do I switch missiles?
I think I covered everything. In BVR the Viper seems so believable. In close combat I’m lost a bit.

1 Like

Eventually, holding the MSL STEP button (same as NWS) for over .8 seconds will switch missile types, but this isn’t implemented yet.

I dont get what you mean with timing out. Do you get the symbols on the HUD but then lose them again without a lock?

1 Like

I dont know about the default commands, but since boat switch aft puts you in dogfight mode, boat switch fwd probably puts you in MRM (medium range missile) mode. In this mode, you use the fcr (radar on mfd) to lock bandits. DMS down to make the radar SOI (sensor of interest), slew the cursor over a bandit, then TMS up once for a soft lock (SAM, situational awareness mode. Good enough for AMRAAMs and allows the radar to spot additional bandits in the direction of the target) and optionally another TMS up press for a hard lock (STT)

2 Likes

Good stuff @Sryan. I mean just that. If I dont get a lock quickly, it disappears then I have to re rock the switch back again.

1 Like

Oooh! Just like in the real jet, the switch has to remain in the aft (respectively forward) position to stay in dogfight or MRM mode. Allowing it to center returns the jet to whatever mode was selected before the dogfight switch was manipulated.

1 Like

I thank you for your help. Things are changing patch by patch. I’m able to lock em up a lot faster now. In A2A it’s a beast!

2 Likes