Kings Coranation Flypas route

• Area A: North Sea and Norfolk Coast, 1.15pm-3pm
  • Area B: Norfolk (Thetford) and Suffolk (Bury St Edmunds), 1.45pm-3pm
  • Area C: Suffolk (Ipswich), 2pm-3pm
  • Area D: Essex (Colchester, Chelmsford), 2pm-2.45pm
  • Area E: London, 2.10pm-2.45pm
  • Area F: London (Croydon) and Surrey, 2.20pm-3pm
  • Area G: Berkshire (Reading), Wiltshire (Swindon) and Oxfordshire (Oxford), 2.20pm-3pm
  • Area H: Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, 2.20pm-3pm
  • Area I: Wiltshire (Marlborough, Tidworth), 2.20pm-3pm

As promised for @tempusmurphy

FB_IMG_1683282112704

3 Likes

Excellent info there Scoop. I finish work at 2 and should be home in time and might get a glimpse

2 Likes

My house is a mm left of the start point :wink:

1 Like

Aa

1 Like

Chinooks, Red Arrows and the entire military contingent (4,000+) march over Waterloo Bridge at 1500 after the Coronation. Traditionaly trains have always been used to bring the troops to and from London for the Coronation. This is them returning to Waterloo Train Station to return to barracks. @tempusmurphy

I guess the Chinnoks were not part of the flypast but were carrying part of the SAS anti-terrorist response team.

5 Likes

I saw the helos … about 2.15 flying over waltham abbey … few Wildcats, Merlins, Apachie’s. 3 police helicopters at the front and 2 Chinhooks at the rear… unfortunately was driving when they went over so couldn’t get the camera out

2 Likes

Arrows recovered to brize. Sure i heard the lanc as well but i couldn’t get to the window quick enough

3 Likes

Advantage of celebrating the coronation at home.

God Save the King

Ahh Pimms

9 Likes

I thought i heard 4 merlins. That confirms it

4 Likes

All of BBMF was up today over the street parties

3 Likes

What a gorgeous, gorgeous plane! I wish we had some 4 engined bombers in DCS. off to play some bomber crew!

Beautiful photos, @Scoop

2 Likes

Some are my neighbours

3 Likes

OK,… a bit of leg pulling here but this was said on national tv…it was safety due to bad visibility forming up the fly past,… but did anybody hear the BBC pundit say “Here come the Red Arrows, they’re safe to fly because they’re professionally trained pilots”,…LOL?

3 Likes

You have the AI B17

We used to get lots of action from the BBMF for many years, but for some reason they stopped flying over here. Haven’t seen any from my house for a few years now. We do see lots of the Typhoons and F-15s as well as the Ospreys and Chinooks, but it isn’t the same.

3 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve been asked by distant family “do you ever think you’ll become an airline pilot” with the implication being “real pilot”…. :joy:

3 Likes