KMUD is moving...!

Been to Aruba 3 times with the most recent trip being last summer. I’d vote for that island every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Sure it’s dry, but those winds sure are nice to keep things reasonably cool and being out of the hurricane zone is a HUGE plus.

1 Like

If you like windsurfing and are near visiting europe, porto is a windsurfer haven.

1 Like

It’s a dead heat…!

jpg

1 Like

I just thought that any windsurfer worth his salt would enjoy domiciling just 50 miles NW of Curacao.

1 Like

You Aruba heathens should be ashamed. Look at those screens. Jamaica clear winner.

1 Like

Which island pulls for power…?

wondering

Two words … Red Stripe … I’d drink that for breakfast! (the water was really bad)

Excellent tasting beer. Is Ray wearing a pink miniskirt? :smiley: Good times when I was 23.

Anyhoo, flying into Montego Bay is PHENOMINAL!

2 Likes

Well…the cargo plane is here at KMUD. We are packing up gear but still on the fence over where we are going…!

3 Likes

That front pallet is all beer. :smirk:

2 Likes

C’mon people! Montego Bay!

BTW, about my buddy on the right in that picture I posted … back in the day I was excited to hear that his brother started to take flying lessons at Buttonville Municipal Airport (CYKZ). A few years later I heard he’s flying for Air Jamaica! :+1:

2 Likes

Once this decision is made, are we going to fly our fleet there Christmas Island-style?

4 Likes

Ah…that might be a fun thing to do!

1 Like

Great idea! I needed a reason to get back to flying X-Plane

3 Likes

Landing at 'Orange Town" - Dutch Caribbean!

+1 vote for Jamaica. Centrally located to all sorts of Caribbean based scuba diving, and since you’re basically building a tropical Edwards AFB (it’s for science!), more miles of water on all sides, so less worrying about that pesky sound barrier and noise abatement.

Jamaica also looks to have more ramp space, vital for the C-5 loads of beer,er, logistical supplies required to keep this operation moving.

1 Like

+1 for Jamaica. Both spots look awesome but I’d like to be able to dash off to Cuba for mojitos in my 172. A bit like in the Miami Vice movie (although they had a speed boat).

1 Like