Last F-4 Phantoms Menace Star Wars Canyon

Now there’s a click bait title…!

Last U.S. Air Force Phantoms Menace Star Wars Canyon! - YouTube

4 Likes

You Won’t Believe What Happens Next!

1 Like

+1 for the title pun…

I hate seeing those with drone paint! What a crying shame. I know that they have to go, but it doesn’t make me feel any better about it.

Hopefully they’ll spare those two and move onto more deserving targets: namely lawn darts

Last time the F4 will fly through the Star Wars canyon, the reason will break your heart!

3 Likes

But those could still be cannibalized for parts since the 16 is still in service. We’d need a target that’s been out of the game for a while that we can dispose of safely.

Hrm… :neutral_face:

There are seven flyable Tomcats at AMARC. That’s barely enough for a good weekend at Eglin.

Obvious solution is to just remove the Dart from service and transfer the budget to A-10s. I’m reliably informed by Tyler Rogoway that the A-10 can do A/A better than the F-16 anyhow. Boom! Several hundred drones available overnight.

1 Like

Someone posted a pic of an airplane graveyard full of F 111. I’m telling you, let’s use those… if they don’t fall to pieces during take off, or climbing, or on cruise or… you know.

2 Likes

It’s just a novel form of weight savings man. Jettison half the aircraft- the reduced mass gets you some amazing fuel economy.

1 Like