Leatherneck F4U-1D Corsair

F4U-1D Corsair

http://leatherneck-sim.com/looking-beyond-the-horizon/

So we’re pretty sure you’re ready to have your Mk II Eyeballs cringe with excitement, and have mentioned for months the Whistling Death is going through texture conversion for physically based rendered textures. Our artist has almost completed retexturing of all enclosed or hard to access parts and objects, after that he will proceed with the large airframe areas. This should take far less time, after which we can move on to cockpit retexturing. Hopefully, by the time we post our next update, we will be able to show you a complete or near complete external model. Below, is our work in progress sneak peeks, but do keep in mind they are WIP and not finalized.

21 Likes

2 Likes

And so it begins…

1 Like

The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

This post can only mean that this sim will be released later this week!!! :crazy_face:

(Just wanted to get the whole series of indignant “they promised”, “they should work through Christmas”, and “Why isn’t it out yet!?” posts started…too early?) :laughing:

Nah… We, as a community, have an obligation to nag and complain. Now is as good a time as any, to get things started.

1 Like

ee87be48df1f1eb28ce6bfdbb9356c4451965d8c_hq

4 Likes

Ya’ll got till my birthday!! You Leathernecks!

Mustangs and Spitfire’s were in the Pacific there is nothing else, no nothing else, it’s all just your…

2 Likes

I thought I’d just add this video to get us all in the mood for the F-4U: :grin:

…hmmm…not how I remembered the TV series…I guess that is Robert Conrad in the sunglasses…hmmm…

OK…I think this is the correct one…

(Baby Shark Do Do Do Do Do…)

5 Likes

Get to see one of the F4U’s used in that series just about every Saturday. :heart_eyes:
https://planesoffame.org/aircrafts/plane-F4U-1

Wheels

2 Likes

Spring Update from here: http://leatherneck-sim.com/spring-awakening/

Chance-Vought F4U-1D Corsair

Since the previous update in January, a lot has changed in the F4U-1D development. External model textures are now almost complete and only a few elements and incorrections need ironing out. Thus, simultaneously, we began work in the cockpit, which unexpectedly needs some remodeling to ensure that a late variant of F4U-1D is represented. All this necessities convinced us not to show the 3d model prior to it’s completion, so that you can see it in its entirety. As soon as it’s ready, we will provide you with the set of footage.

We also received a first preview of our pilot. Model below has only basic texturing applied and has yet to go through multiple phases, before completion.

6 Likes

Very good update. Guess it will be a Korea attack aircraft until we get opponents. Cant wait!!

The other propjobs make fine opponents for them. Perhaps not entirely historical ones tho…

Can get close enough if you operate with a FAA scheme over Normandy, though.

3 Likes

Not Even a little bit. Sorry. Maybe with a Tony skin for the 109

There is always the Yak-52…no guns or other armament so maybe a plane I could actually beat. :grin:

3 Likes

How about Corsairs versus Mustangs ?

10 Likes

I stand corrected sir. GOOD FIND. I’d forgotten all about that.
However, I forsee a lot of yak skins coming for the stang once the Corsair is out.