Lego!

I feel so called out, it hurts…

4 Likes

Brickset!

5 Likes

For Father’s Day, my kids got me Star Wars Lego sets that we built together…

At one point my wife called me out for building without waiting for the kids…

7 Likes

Duh! Fathers day! Not Kids day… :wink:

6 Likes

Genuinely excited to get my 2 Yr old into lego… Time is seriously dragging in respect to this!

1 Like

Try to pace yourself. My son just turned 8 and we are running out of room for Legos, even though he is at the perfect age to enjoy them (not that he didn’t enjoy them when he was younger).

3 Likes

I used to keep my sons lego in a big box, all mingled. He’s 6 now and that box became too deep to comfortably find particular pieces in.

So i got four ikea wooden sorting boxes, labelled them with icons and sorted the stuff. This made for a quantum leap in his building. He builds more, more interesting and is more innovative in his building now. He even helps with the sorting now and then.

7 Likes

Picked this up for my little guy. He’s 4 now. He sat for a good hour and put it together with my guidance. Other than picking up some pieces he couldn’t see on the table and helping him snap some pieces in where he couldn’t press hard enough, my only contribution was to confirm he had the pieces in the right place. He did super well. Pretty proud of him.

Next up is this guy. Quite a few more pieces but I think he’s up for it.

9 Likes

Can you be more specific about what you have and how you’ve sorted? We are trying something like this but havent gotten it to “stick” yet.

Nice start!
By the age of 8 or so, my brother and I had a complete Legoland Town (this was the mid 1980s). Back then I did not appreciate just how much money my parents spent on all the Lego we had.

A few of the sets we had:

4 Likes

Oh for sure. The amount of Lego my parents got (they still have most of it so my kiddos can rebuild the sets I had) is nuts. I mean it’s more expensive now but the real cost is probably similar. I’m frightened :yum:

1 Like

Doing the same for my kids, 8 and 6, and we have tons of fun!
Even though, to be fair, they stopped needing me some time ago.
It’s so precious to watch them all busy around the bags of pieces!

1 Like

I just walked through the family room and apparently, this is our current method of organization.

7 Likes

Tread carefully and never barefoot lol!

5 Likes

Stepping on a Lego is bad but those little pointy buggers Jacks that were made out of metal are a whole lot worse!!

Wheels

1 Like

Visiting the inlaws. The weather is horrible and my 3D prints for the new gear&flap module is waiting for me at the post office, 2,5 hr by car, from here.
My creativity had to be satisfied, so…

8 Likes

LEGO released a video of their upcoming Land Rover Defender.

2 Likes

The details in that are amazing! That may be a Christmas gift for someone…

”Someone” :wink:

3 Likes

After not buying a Lego set since the 1980s, I got the Mack Anthem 42078 Technic set. The Technic sets were always so appealing to me as a kid, and still so.

Aside from the starring Mack Anthem model, it’s got a cool B model trash truck, plus a good number of fan created builds from this same set. Should be loads of building fun in this huge box (which is on the shelf, awaiting Christmas! :grin: )

8 Likes