Looking for a Lightsaber

My 18yo daughter is out-nerding me. For graduation she wants a lightsaber. Any ideas? There’s Amazon and the rest of the web but 99% of that is crap. I’d like to get her something of quality. Neopixel rather than backlit preferred.

5 Likes

I want to know how you raise kids with such wishes… You must have Jedi parenting skills!

2 Likes

I have one of the original Obi Wan Ep IV Force FX sabres, still works brilliantly and I still get in trouble for ‘behaving like a child’ :stuck_out_tongue:

They are even better these days…

But I just found these. Pricy but they look awesome:

1 Like

Ultrasabers has a pretty good reputation.

Edit: I should say had probably? I just saw people on reddit claiming that their customer Service quality dropped dramatically in the last two years. Not many people though, so might not be a problem.

Edit2: Vaders Vault gets recommended numerous times as well:

4 Likes

Regarding parenting. It’s all mom.

Regarding the kind guidance offered so far. Thank you!

Vader’s Vault. OMG! Ridiculously expensive but GAWD they look amazing. I cannot show her that site. (Although I am sure she already knows).

3 Likes

MAN am I glad I’m still some years away from the boy asking for a REAL lightsaber, though I know I need to start looking at the cheaper versions for the kids in the near future.

2 Likes

I find it facinating. A movie made in 1977 defining our financial decisions today. Almost 50 years later.
Im sure my only lightsaber was used to sweep the house. But today im thinking i better get a light sabre before Merlin grows up to want one. Think of the savings! LoL

5 Likes

What’s even worse is how just mentioning the word Lightsaber sent me down a rabbit hole for a good portion of yesterday. WTF do I need with a fake lightsaber for? Then I thought that it would be cool as hell, to be standing in the dark in my 10 year old twins’ room with a brown hooded cape on, and light that biotch up. :rofl: They’d jump out of their skin.

10 Likes

Uh, obviously to go with your Jedi robes? Duh.

4 Likes

Yeah, who hasn’t wanted to relive this scene no mater the cost.

3 Likes

Surely a real Jedi makes their own lightsabre? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Soon as I saw the last season of The Mandalorian, I knew I HAD to be Kelleran Beq for Halloween.

3 Likes

If it had been a single film, with no sequels, no TV movies, no animated shows, no comics/books/toys for 20 years after that film…THEN it would be surprising.

2 Likes

True that, but we all love it. I especially love the Burgur King commercial…“I can hold it!” LoL