MAD AAR - pics, tales of adventure and lessons learned!

I’m a millionaire! Yay!

AH-0569

The MAX plant churned out its second aircraft today. I was able to get FedEx to subsidize a paint job on it…so it doesn’t look quite as beat up as the Dornier.

AH-0573

The panel is pretty bare bones…but I think there is a way to put the GTN 750 in there by going down to the book tucked away in the left pocket. Will try that next time. I think it also has some VR manipulator challenges if you believe what is posted on the .ORG forums. I’ll look into that as well…

2 Likes

Made a typo tasking my AI last night, was supposed to be a 30nm flight, I sent them on a 1800nm flight. They made it, which is impressive considering they only had around 100nm worth of fuel on board. :astonished:

2 Likes

Yeah…I can totally see the potential for that. That AI flight assignment dialog really should have a “confirm” box that lists the heading and mileage after you type in the airport. I mean…you should probably compare the name of the airport that comes up in that box below, but I could easily put in KMYR instead of KMRY (I did it with the GTN 750 last week)…and then Destiny gets to fly 2200 miles instead of 200…LOL…

I wonder if aircraft parts inventories are the same for all users in Air Hauler or if they are randomly created for each user. :thinking: At least if they were community wide I could get a report from someone that had spotted a Kodiak fuselage and I could go retrieve it in my game. Or, since I’m seeing some inventory at Pullman that I didn’t put there (Base Storage)…I would assume someone with a larger airplane could actually deliver the part if they had a plane big enough to haul it.

I still have lots of questions about the VA side of the AH house.

She didn’t stop and buy fuel anywhere? The AI implementation seems lacklustre… The fact it doesn’t count towards flight hours for your a/b/c checks is pretty silly too.

I think they do. I know Destiny racked up a bunch of hours that got deducted off the Phase check…(pretty sure)…

None of my AI flights have counted.

Interesting. Were they cargo trips that appear on the map or were they commodity runs that you assigned to the AI? In my parts hunt…I was sending my AI to airports and putting commodities onboard and the times she flew were being deducted from the phase checks…

I think a mix. I haven’t sent her in a bit. Maybe one of the updates changed it?

I know mine have, but I have definitely seen some instances where it appeared as though it didn’t.

The map UI leaves a lot to be desired as well, I’d love to be able to just click on an aircraft/ai, right click on an airport, and pick “fly to” versus the current implementation.

Near 20kt tailwind from kpae to pullman. Making 140kts gs in the 172 :smiley:

A 140 knot celebration means at some point 100 knot misery… :rofl: Unless you are me…where I fly one leg (in real life) waiting for that sweet, sweet 80 knot tailwind to take me home and it somehow turns to a 30 knot tailwind. My FMS is sadistic.

FML. x-plane crashed with 20 minutes left in the flight…200ish nm in a 172 :cry:

edit: forgot to check the log before restarting x-plane. Ugh. It just reset me to KPAE instead of the nearest airport. le sob. WELL NOW. Time for a break. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

edit: flight time was logged against check hours too

Congrats to Destiny for ranking up… PPL/IR (3) - I’m assuming that means Private Pilot License / Instrument Rating. Not sure what the (3) means. Regardless, she is now typed in the Cessna 207 - which is good news for me since she can make 3x more money in that than the Husky.

AH-0575

My Air Hauler flying will slow down quite a bit for the next 10 days or so while I wrap up some other commitments and head to (real) training in Dallas. So it isn’t that I’m losing interest…I just have to concentrate on a couple other things. I’ll keep Destiny flying though, and I might soon start a parts quest for an even bigger plane. Possibly the Fokker 50 if I can convince myself to buy it. I dunno though. It isn’t quite speaking to me…

I might knock out my own Twin Otter type ride today though just because I want to put a VR headset on and check out for a bit. LOL…

goose2

1 Like

The 3 is just level 3. Next she’ll be 4 :wink:

1 Like

Is that a Metric or standard 4?

cartoon 5 and a half

2 Likes

Had time between fighting 10 and 12 year olds to jump in and do my DHC-6 Twin Otter type checkride in Air Hauler. I elected to do it in 2D because the minute I put on my VR headset one of the kids tries to murder the other…so I need my peripheral vision.

$1,607 sounds reasonable enough…

I was having the “rubber band” issues with this update of X-Plane (now solved) so the checkride went fine…but it wasn’t really enjoyable because of the frame rate issues. I was even concerned that the lags were going to cause an issue on landing…and indeed, I only squeaked out with an OK landing (the bare minimum for a checkride)…

Love the plane. Pretty sure I’m going to like the Do228 better…but until we start shoehorning these things into those forestry strips I’ll reserve my judgement. Something tells me the Twin Otter might be very controllable at slow speeds and big pitch down angles with all that flap hanging out there…

3 Likes

That the rw designs twotter?

You can drop that thing anywhere. Slows down like crazy.

1 Like