MAD AAR - pics, tales of adventure and lessons learned!

Dang, I saw the answer but I was hoping that might have been her flight hours under instrument conditions.

icon_mrgreen

Lol, ain’t sibling rivalry grand. :upside_down_face:

Wheels

Yes - it is a shame the developer has stopped improving it (I think he has anyway)…it could use some fixing up in some areas.

…aaaaaaand…lets have a new Parts Quest…(F50 = Fokker 50)…(this one is going to cost a LOT of money though…)

Who gets to fly the fokker? Is this fokker going to be used to scrounge parts for another one? That way it becomes a mother…fokker.

2 Likes

Huge cell of heavy turbulence over the mountains out of Everett on the way to pullman.

That was a handful and a half to fly until it settled.

1 Like

So did we find out if we can all make use of the Construction Facility? Or maybe we can transfer the parts to Beach and have him churn 'em out? Or do I have to invest in a 800k facility myself :slight_smile:

Good question - I wish I had Air Hauler out here on the road. I tried installing it an importing my AH2 database file, but since my laptop has a version of X-Plane that doesn’t match my home install…it doesn’t really like it. When I get home this weekend I will look into how that works…

I couldn’t find anyway to see the Construction Yard at Pullman, nor could I find a way to transfer components. Not a big deal, really. I’m just going to consider it as crating a facility where you can piece together parts and even overhaul your own engines. Like an above average maitenance shop (as it sits in my head, anyway) :slight_smile:

If beach created the facility for his personal company, we can’t use it.

I don’t know if you can even create facilities for the VA.

So can you unload an aircraft part into Pullman and let me see if I see it on my end? If that were the case…as you said, I can build the plane and transfer it to the VA side of the house.

Destiny is all the way down in Houston looking for Fokker 50 parts. She found an engine in Dallas. These parts are expensive though!

Have you figured out a way to anticipate where parts might be? I can see my ‘historical’ list in the Factories → Parts Finder but it only shows places that I have been. I have been touring down the west coast (well, Andrea has) and along the south and the past 6 airports that I have visited have not had any parts. It is a little frustrating trying to find that last piece :slight_smile:

Oh. And I can not find a way so share a part with anyone. I can only transfer it between my bases or sell it. I can’t find a way to share it with someone who might have a construction facility.

No - I sure haven’t. But we should start a list in a thread! :bulb:

I’ve found that obviously the major airports tend to have more extensive inventories: KBFI, KPDX, KSFO, KPDX - but sometimes the regional “secondary” airports will, and sometimes they won’t. I’d be happy to go back through my finance ledger and write down all the places I found parts at. I think the parts inventory will not be the same as it is for you, but I’ll bet the airports will still have parts. I’ve visited many airports that had no parts economy at all despite them being fairly large.

I wonder if you put it in a base inventory at a base where both of us have a storage facility if we can see it. The reason I’m wondering that is that I see loads for the VA that I did not place in Pullman (I think they are long expired now). Maybe it only makes “job” loads available for others to see though. If you happen to go to Pullman/Moscow, check the base there when you are at the aircraft loading screen and see if you say a list of Kodiak parts (I’m still waiting on finding that dang Kodiak fuselage!!).

Meanwhile, the Fokker 50 parts hunt is going well…but holy cow it is expensive to fund. I’m making Destiny haul commodities to try to offset some of it, but this plane is gonna cost me big time.

Found a fuselage in New Orleans…

AH-0590

After that last expensive stop in New Orleans…I only have $17,000 in the bank…(technically). Down from over $1 million a week or so ago. Of course, Destiny’s load on the way to to Mobile, Alabama is worth probably $350K…so we are only showing a paper bankruptcy for now. If she finds another Fokker 50 part I might have to sell the Husky to fund it unless she can rapidly make some profitable commodity runs.

Should we put the list of commodity airports in the Mudspike Air Delivery FAQ (and maybe make that a Wiki that people can edit?)…?

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/air-hauler-2-and-mudspike-air-delivery-faq/10460/5

On the way back over to Pullman. Putting all the birds back at home base, transferring some to the VA, and going to spend some time running trips into the Idaho backcountry for the VA…

2 Likes

Crossing over Pangborne…where it all started in a tiny A-1C Husky!

2 Likes

After the great Fokker Parts Roundup of 2020…we had a V shaped recovery…! Whew…! Thanks Destiny…! :beers:

1 Like

For those of you that might be going out on your own Parts Scavenger Hunt…the central west area is a dead zone of not much in the way of aircraft parts availability. Yes, there are some spots that have some, but the distances between and the frustrations of you or your AI flying so far to come up empty makes this region pretty unsatisfactory. You are probably better off just plying the West Coast, or sending your AI all the way over to the Northeast (Boston to Richmond) since the density of airports with parts availability is much higher.

2 Likes

I’d extend that another width to the east. I’ve (well, Andrea, my AI pilot tasked to go where I ask) gone up and down there and it is pretty unsatisfying for parts. I went down the west coast, across Arizona, up through Utah and Wyoming, down through Colorado, New Mexico, parts of Texas, most every significant airfield on the map and here I my list up to today:

The great thing about working from home is the ability to pop upstairs to give Andrea a new destination. The bad thing is how rare the parts are and how difficult (impossible) it seems to be able to predict.

Here is my month of part hunting:

I may get bored later and try exporting the ledger and making a flight plan up to all the spots that I have stopped. Should be interesting.

I have not hit every field (obviously) but and significantly sized one. At this point I am up to $1.3M on trading commodity stocks but taking the best deal from where ever I am to where ever I am going.