Mars InSight

Landing will be live November 26, 2018 8:00 PM

How to watch - Here's How to Watch the Insight Landing on Mars on Monday | Live Science

…or the direct NASA feeds online (including a 360 feed!) here:

Plus the tube:

Mission info and summary site here:

10 Likes

Anyone else watching it live right now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup :slight_smile:

Its a little early. I think I just heard that transport module separation occurs at about 40 minutes past the hour … so 20 more minutes.

1 Like

Yes, still a few minutes left. Right now they are previewing the mission.
Hope everything works as planned. A lot of people here in Germany at the DLR have been working on those instruments for a long time.
Really exciting!

1 Like

Btw Mars is pretty close right now, only 8 light minutes if I got that correctly. I think the average is over 12.

1 Like

neat.

1 Like

Nice! Touchdown confirmed. That’s 6 mars points!

2 Likes

Touchdown confirmed! Amazing

1 Like

And an unlocked skin in Surviving Mars :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah looks like it worked so far.
Standby for data.

2 Likes

The team lead is named Bruce Banner? Good job for those close up video camera people (how annoying would that be) he didn’t get mad if it cratered.

2 Likes

Is that a cookie?

1 Like

Waiting on the solar panels report. Did I miss it?

I don’t think so. The photo data was relayed by the Marco micro satellite that tagged along (and is now zooming past mars).

They just received the first X-band confirm from the deep space network, so the lander looks ok.

1 Like

…but on Mars

4 Likes

Solar panels to deploy by 5pm EST I think I heard.

1 Like

The guy that put the lens cover on last must have at least been a tiny bit tempted to put a picture of Matt Damon on it first, just for the laughs… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Successful landing, awesome!

1 Like

Yeah deploying the solar panels will take some hours.

1 Like

I think his name is “Bantner” or something. But when I first heard the name I thought the same thing. :smiley:

1 Like