MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Controller Help Needed

Hey all,

I’m in need of some help to map my CH Rudder Pedals to the game. I have a Warthog, which the game sees. Unfortunately, it will not see my CH Pedals.

I’ve downloaded the HOTAS Remapping Documentation, done the Google thing, visited several discussions, and started editing the HOTASMappings.Remap file. Sadly I have not had any success.

The doesn’t give much help, imho, and mapping requires a lot of trial and error. At one point, my mech was driving in circles but still no luck with the pedals.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Do you have the full CH setup? Have you tried combining all of the devices into one device with it?

Actually no. I have a TM Warthog HOTAS with CH Pedals. The TM stuff is fine. The game wont see the CH. I’ve been messing around with the .remap file for some time and got the game to see the CH pedals. But the axes are overlapping. In one instance moving the pedals causes the mech to go forward or backward while negating the Warthog throttle input. In another it causes the mech to go forward and right or backward and left. The controllers simply are not playing nice together. At least the game is seeing the pedals. So, progress I guess.

I would try getting CH Control Manager and see if it might be able to help; I don’t have MW5 so I can only guess what the problem is. I have a full CH setup so usually in cases like this I can just rebind all of the devices into a single unified one and that fixes the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that and see how it goes.

1 Like

The problem is that the game can’t use more than two controllers afaik. This is a bug that is high on their priority list afaik.

Great game tho, isn’t it? stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

2 Likes

Progress can be so interesting. I never had that problem with Mechwarrior 4 Mercs. The only difference with my setup back then was that I had a Cougar instead of a Warthog.

Still, I managed to get a couple instant action rounds in. Big Stompy Mechs are fun indeed.

3 Likes

Try Joystick gremlin together with vjoy.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look into them.

Quick Update: I found some more information on Reddit and my be on to something. I haven’t had time to try anything yet but I feel like I’m headed in the right direction.

Link for those interested: