Memory Lane: Highway's Excellent Adventure 2006

Found a couple old thumbdrives with pics from overseas. Any interest in seeing them here? Here is a teaser, sitting on a LCAC marshalling before hitting the beach in parts unknown Philippines. The Iron Gator in all her glory.

13 Likes

Keep em coming Gunny, by all means.

2 Likes

I’ll put a few up after I finish making dinner. Couple cool ones in there.

2 Likes

These are from SOCEX in Guam I believe
Random Flight deck picflightdeck
Shhhhh be very very quiet! Field op on anderson air force base abandoned base housingAndyBushGuambeach
Underway doing an Enhanced Marksman course. Thats me looking at the camera. I was instructing that day.

Steel Beach underway, Me Benching 300 something. GET SOME

Liberty at Guam

7 Likes

These are all from a humanitarian aid/disaster relief operation in Leyte P.I. 2006. (Same Deployment)

There was a massive mudslide that buried a village. You can see here where part of the mountain fell off covering everything.

Company Gunny tore some ass after this. Driver got a 7 ton MTVR stuck.

The infamous “Omelette” MRE. You didnt want this thing. Trust me.

13 Likes

It’s funny, I watched “We, The Marines” on Netflix yesterday Gunny. Very interesting.

1 Like

Havent seen that, might have to check it out. I will say this, your mileage definitely varies with the Marine Corps. I didn’t even get to stand on the Yellow Footprints. I got off the bus at MCRD San Diego and went straight to a “working party”. LOL good times.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see.

1 Like

I just noticed this, but I love the pilots arm out the window of that CH-46. It’s like hes out driving an old Ford pickup.

I’m pretty sure I see a smoke in his hand. :wink:

1 Like