MFG Crosswind Pedals - Hydraulic Damper

4 Likes

6 Likes

I hope you like the damper as much as I do… I would be most interested in hearing your thoughts once you have used it.

2 Likes

so far, unconnected and sitting in front of me both Fliss and I admire it! (she has 1st class honours degree in technology management and thinks it well put together) I will be trying it out tonight and later (1900 BST) on the Low Level Heaven server. I will let you know.

2 Likes

I felt that I had put the helicopter on like a real aircraft. It felt much better throughout but came into its own on transition to and from the hover. During the final 5 secs as the collective goes down, then up…, as the cyclic comes back then slightly forward and the rudder pedals coordinate to the right and then left, it actualy did. From 100kts to hover the nose stayed pointing the same way. It ‘felt’ like I was doing the right thing with the pedals. Previously I was behind the aircraft. Tonight I almost kept up with it. More work required to get ahead of it but I was asked to teach a newcomer some techniques tonight which he learnt to do. The gas strut works.
I began with the damper on 15. I reduced it to 10 which I liked. I will try five today @PaulRix

2 Likes

DHL Zagreb to Lincolnshire is faster than Royal Mail Coventry to Lincolnshire @Victork2

4 Likes