Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

That is no small feat there. The A320 MCDU and 747 (Honeywell?) will require some depth of programming for sure.

Definitely. Something to do out of the box would be nice. Flight really missed the mark on that…it wasn’t so much that the mission were bad (they were) but there just needed to be way more of them right away. Of course, if there is living and breathing traffic and weather, I won’t really need that much to do. But I’d take it.

:thinking:

Not sci-fi but rocket science for me at least.

I think you misread his statement.
If a 2080ti can do 4K at 60FPS, it is promising for lower spec PC’s as well.
I.e. a “non Sci-fi spec PC” should be able to do that @1080.

3 Likes

Also it aims to run on XBOX One X and S, so either it will be well optimized or running in 640x480 on S :wink:

3 Likes

Now that’s pure back to the future sci-fi! :wink:

3 Likes

Funnily enough there is a new screenshot of it running on xbox s!
350px-Sopwith-screenshot

13 Likes

I have it OK :slight_smile:

I sure wants 60fps in 4k performance. But the need for 2080 Ti to run it is the problem imo.
But it is too early to speculate. We will see.

Was there any talk of TrackIR? Oh, and any chance for some nice email news from them on Monday? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’m actually surprised it is at all possible to run it @4K 60fps, on available hardware.

1 Like

Me too. Actually, it was locked at 60 fps for the 4k monitors they had, so maybe it could go faster. As an alpha preview at pre-optimization, with graphics looking better than XP11 and P3Dv4 (which can’t run at 4k with this level of detail at 60 fps solid on a 2080ti) I thought it was happy news.

I’m not really sure how any of this could be taken as bad news, unless bad news is what we’re looking for. :cloud_with_rain: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing as yet. I like to think of TrackIR as the hostage feature until VR is on the roadmap. :wink:

I’d be surprised if they didn’t add it pretty soon, as in, I’m not sure the view-hat-switch lobby is really that powerful a movement, but then for the people they are listening too it’s hard to tell.

Plus, yes, Monday/Tuesday could be the magic download link in the Insider Hub. In the video they did mention how frustrated they were for not getting the build out, but it sounds like they have lots of ‘big org’ loops to jump through they didn’t expect.

2 Likes

Haha…I think we are all fearing it is too good to be true. But ya’ know what…sometimes…just sometimes…things are even better than promised. I’m so hopeful for this release. It really looks…revolutionary…

1 Like

Well if it’s going to be on Console as well, a robust non-VR/TrackIR look functionality is going to be an absolute requirement. So I wouldn’t count us out yet :wink:

1 Like

That is true.

One other thing I thought of (although a bit negative tbh at this stage) is that nearly every video sort of avoids showing aggressive scrolling or lateral movement from within the cockpit of the scenery.

Whenever there is some sort of ‘pan across the scenery’ it is always on the external view and never in the cockpit. The cockpit shots are always the ortho-easy™ 6000ft straight on ones. It’s like the mouse look or hat scroll might be a bit laggy so far, and they don’t want the internet trolls :goat: to pick up and obsess on that too much. Like I just did. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the alpha release is ‘two weeks’ (or so), so the internet will spill its guts regardless, and we’ll have more info either way.

2 Likes

ha ha :slight_smile:

I am just refusing to jump on the hype train and to see everything as good news :wink: I tend to stay realistic.

We already shouldn’t be surprised that the developed software will run OK on current high end PCs.
Or do we still expect to buy sw that will struggle on current specs, which ‘suppose to run OK on next gen PCs’?

Hard to speculate if the performance get improved or if it go the other way. Yes it can be before optimization but also before integration with some FSX functionality, making scenery AI more robust etc. which could make things maybe worse, and maybe not.

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

Well, let’s hope you’re wrong @NEVO and that our optimism and excitement is not misplaced. We’ll find out soon enough.

I really hope it will become all it is expected. Would be cool to fly around the globe in truly VFR sim out of the box.

It certainly seems that this MS team is really trying to hit this out of the park. I’m very encouraged by that. Which is why I’m pretty optimistic about it.

I really like that they going full blown on this one, no “half-assed” solutions. For example regarding seasons this is what they had to say:

I like any developer that uses the term “lame ass”…right on…

6 Likes