MiG-21 Air-to-Ground

tuesday online AtG training

6 Likes

Looks like fun!

Yep, these combined operations are always lot of fun :sunny:

But even in pair it is great time… the MiG21 is absolutely great module, worth all the money!
Btw very good server for M21 vs M2k
www.cskies.net

3 Likes

Since as soon Mig 21’s leave the ground they are in a state of fuel emergency were they attacking their own airfield?

Wheels

3 Likes

Oh hush, I’ve done sorties of atleast 1 hour when you load it up with enough fuel tanks and accept a slow limp back to base!

1 Like

@BeachAV8R and I flew from Tbilisi to Krasnodar Center with plenty of fuel left over.

2 Likes

We are pretty darn smooth pilots though… :sunglasses:

@wheelsup_cavu - My own air defenses take notice when I takeoff in the MiG-21. There is usually a debate as to whether they should just shoot me down right off the bat, or get the bulldozer ready to plow the wreckage off the airfield… :blush:

2 Likes

Yesterday I landed on the road… in the middle of rage of exploding 30mm shells from angry M2k :sweat_smile:

I just forgot to turn of the afterburner :baby:

2 Likes

one from yesterday

2 Likes

One from last night. A “pinkie” mission practicing with the SAB-100 and the Kh-66…

3 Likes

Holy Cosmos, those are some pretty screenshots, @NEVO, @BeachAV8R!

Is it fun to use? I’ve mostly seen the SAB-100 being applied by AI planes.

Yeah…the SAB-100 can be carried on the outboard pylons…so you can drop them…and it gives you 5 minutes of attack time using the inboard pylons and gun…so it CAN be effective for night missions where the MiG-21 doesn’t do so well. That said, I’d love to do some night CAS with someone dropping flares with something other than the A-10C…something where you put eyeball on target and either do CCIP or strafing.

1 Like

Might be cool to do a SU-25/A-10C mission with such an loadout!

2 Likes