Miltech-5 Bo-105/Hkp-9a

Oliver get more updates of the Polychop Bo-105 sweden cockpit version

3 Likes

Oliver complete HKP-9 superior pannel

[quote]Roof Console of the Swedish BO-105 done !

[/quote]

2 Likes

From Polychop Facebook, Airbus Helicopter get official license approval to the Bo-105 module.

[quote]Dear Simmers. We got an official approval by the manufacturer AIRBUS HELICOPTERS, which should answer the license question.
[/quote]

2 Likes

News pics by oliver for the HKP-9A helitow cockpit progress.

[quote]Dear Simmers,

HKP-9A HELITOW cockpit model closing the final stagesl. I’ve put some Odin on the textures, just to have it look as realistic as possible. Current stage is the modeling of the Sightsystem.

Enjoy ![/quote]

2 Likes

4 Likes

pretty, I secretly want this chopper even more than the gazelle. But only because she also served my country :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s such an iconic helicopter, at least in europe. If you’d asked me as a kid to draw a helicopter its shape would have resembled the Bo-105 very closely.

The ADAC used it, the DRF used it, the German government used it (BGS/BMI), and of course the Bundeswehr (PAH-1) …

I’m very much looking forward to this helicopter.

3 Likes

Don’t forget 007. Well at least he tried :wink:

3 Likes

Oliver continue working on the Polychop Bo-105/HKP-9A helitow cockpit

Polychop HPK-9 weapon sight progress by Oliver

2 Likes

The guys are doing an outstanding job there. I like the Gazelle, but I WANT this one. :smiley:

I don’t know much about the Bo-105 - what are you looking forward too, compared to the (what looks superficially quite similar) Gazelle? I ask because I don’t really know the Bo that well :slight_smile:

Well, the first reason is a personal one: I am German and I have seen those Bo-105 of our army and civil users fly, and I even touched them (fun fact: some details of Polychop’s Bo are based on photos my brother and I took last year and sent them to Olli).

Second reason: it looks cooler IMO, a bit less fragile.

Third: it can carry more different weapons, and since it is a bit stronger than the Gazelle it can also carry more of them, 6 HOT for example, or two gun pods. It is the more versatile helicopter and exists in numerous versions with lots of different loadouts. There are at least 4 different rocket launcher types, two or three guns, and at least three different types of guided missiles it has carried at some point. Polychop wants to model it as accurately and versatile as possible, and I am looking forward to that very much.

4 Likes

Yeah, @Aginor… but WHY do you like it more?!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also this! -

1 Like

^this!

For me it’s THE helicopter. As I already stated here in this thread they were everywhere when I was a kid. I saw the rescue variant of the Bo-105 all the time because back then the nearby hospital had a helipad.

1 Like

Yep, that makes a lot of sense to me. As originally a Brit, when I was a kid it was either Harrier’s at Navy Day airshows hovering like something from a sci-fi movie or Tornado’s breaking ear-drums with fly passes at things like Farnborough.

Plus a ‘more weapons’ Gazelle sound good to me as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oliver from Polychop has complete the HKP-9 sight (246.000 polygons on the cockpit)

2 Likes

New Oliver 3D model update of Polychop BO-105 HKP 9A (Helitow)

2 Likes