Miltech-5 Bo-105/Hkp-9a

Being a long time Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0. player/master I nearly spit my cup of pizza…
Militech was an all american arms company in that Pen&Paper RPG… Eh, the memories…

crickets

Ehrrr, carry on.

*sips a new cup of pizza *

5 Likes

The Gazelle coder is still with Polychop, an artist splitted with PC and formed Miltech-5. One of the guys is working for both AFAIK.

1 Like

Are we still looking for a 2017 release ?
This has just come up as an alert on my phone whilst posting the above question

that’s polychop, the guys behind the Gazelle, they have nothing to do with the BO-105 anymore.

I know, it just seemed easier to post here :wink:

8 Likes

New test pics

7 Likes

Nice to see it in game. Yet another module I am going to have to purchase. I’m so weak. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve just erased a bunch of negative nelly crap (referencing the Gazelle) to say this: Here’s hopin’.

1 Like

Oh Yeah, I’m in too.

Miltech-5 BO-105 Preview Article.

http://pchelicopters.com/index.php/helicoptersimulators/dcs/bo-105-preview

I liked the articale overall- I just found what seems to be a small logical mistake.

It says

When you raise the collective the helicopter rolls right upwards and when you push the collective down the helicopter rolls left downwards.

Shouldn’t it read both times upwards? I mean if a vehicle rolls right upwards isn’t it simultaneously rolling left downwards?

I’ll be happy to be found wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said it’s l ooking like a truly juicy toy! :smiley:

I think the upwards and downwards comments are supposed to mean some movement along the pitch axis.

Oh wait… you mean that they mean that it’s rolling both right AND upwards or rolling both left AND downwards…

I think I understand now. I believed its right side was rolling up (and therefore I automatically assument its left would in any case roll downwards)…

Thanks!

He went on to say, “…and it happens within half a second!” This can be a problem. One must be careful not to take what pilots say too literally sometimes. I think I get what the guy is saying. And it is not, “hey this thing is such a beast you can do rolls with collective alone!” It’s, “there is a slight roll coupling tendency that students need to be aware of so to hit the fact home we have them fly the pattern without cyclic.” If he incorporates this behavior with too much gusto into it the model is going to be a bich. The hingeless rotor system incorporated into the Bo and other MBB designs made them very stable. Years ago when the Bk-117 started selling in the US, Rotor and Wing featured a pilot report that pointed out more than once how predictable and stable it was to fly. To demonstrate, the test pilot let go of the stick (SAS off) and began to slap it in different directions to show how the rotor system aerodynically wanted to return to its trimmed state like an airplane. Helicopters are not hard to fly. The only reason the Huey was a challenge initially for (most) of us was that we had to overcome the limitation of flying it with a center-sprung stick with a short throw. After that, it was predictable. The Bo-105 should be even easyER!

And, MAN! that guy is an amazing 3D modeler! You see the same love in that cockpit that you see in the Gazelle.

3 Likes

He is!
I have supplied him with loads of pics of the HKP9A at Aeroseum in Gothenburg, Sweden. Even got them to open it up for me so I could document the entire cockpit and cabin.
Really looking forward to try it in DCS.

3 Likes

I third that - I would love to tell you of the stuff he has shown me “in construction” of another project that may have been dropped since - but then I’d have to kill you!

Was as good as any commercial offering I had seen.

I know it’s a different world, but I have the Bo-105C from ND in FSX and it’s a very nice machine.

1 Like

Hm? That just might be worth it… :wink:

You and me both! :slight_smile:

4 Likes