Mouse for VR..?

VR users know how difficult it can be to operate a mouse in VR. I prefer a trackball, because it stays where I left it.
Sometimes I have to let go of the stick, to operate the trackball. This made me want a small mouse, that I could operate with my left hand. Just being able to use the left and right mouse buttons and a scroll wheel, would be great.

I recently came across this little guy.

The Swiftpoint GT.
It’s a very small mouse, that you pinch between your fingers, almost like a pen. It’s not designed to be used leftie, but it works, without being too awkward.

It also has a magnet, and a plate that can be used to stow it on your throttle, or such.

I’ll test it and see how it goes…

Good luck with the mouse–I’ll be interested with the results.

Have you ever considered a touch pad?

I had a hemorrhagic stroke in 2018 that effected the right side of my body–I’m right handed. Initially completely paralyzed that side–now pretty much full use–some weakness–some numbness. However, as I was recovering I had issues with using a mouse–just an issue of regaining my eye-hand coordination, exacerbated by some pretty good numbness in my right hand/fingers.

For other reasons, I ended up getting a MacBook Air and started using the touch pad with my left hand. A bit awkward at first but better than a right hand mouse. I quickly got used to it and now (as I write this) that’s all I use on my Macs (added a touch pad to my big Mac and put it on the left side).

But for my PCs running flight sims (FSX, X-Plane and DCS) I’ve just continued to use a mouse…a right-handed mouse. Why? Now that I read your post, I don’t know. But I may have to give a touch pad a try.

Yes, I have a Logitech T650, but as many modules depend on right and left click with drag, and scrolling, I found that a trackball worked better.

Hmmmm…I haven’t tried a PC touch pad. Mac touch pads do the Left Click drag and Right click. In fact, the way I highlighted your phrase to quote was with a “left click drag”, except on the Mac it is a one finger click-drag. Right click is two fingers. Scrolling (mouse wheel) is two fingers (light touch-no click) drag up/down.

So yes, if a PC touch pad doesn’t perform that way then it would not work…and now that you mention it, I think they usually have “click buttons” along with the touch pad - so you are stretching/contorting your hand…or using two hands! Yikes!

Interested to know how the new mouse works for you.

I found a left-handed trackball that I ordered from Amazon last year. I found it’s really excellent for that quick left-hand need to manipulate a switch, etc. My only two complaints are first: it’s only wireless. Bit annoying to have to remember to turn it off at the end of flying. Second: the mouse buttons are very light so easy to click, but you get used to it after a while. But yeah, very light on the activation. So happy at some point I"ll order another as a replacement - just in case.

Why did this never come out of the prototype stage?

How about this ?

did anything ever come out of this?

was this posted already ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

yes it was and yes I do want one :vr:

I see now, as always, you find it when you post it :slight_smile: