MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

A stark difference in install size: KBUR (524MB) vs KSBA (54MB). :thinking:

1 Like

Soā€¦ this dude says that Dino Cattaneo (who had some nice freeware for FSX including a T-45) is working on some planes:

4 Likes

I remember his Goshawk and F-35 for FSX. Really talented guy.

Looks nice. Kinda of not in my area of interest too much though. I prefer to be further up the west coastā€¦

https://orbxdirect.com/product/kbur-msfs

Itā€™s only a stoneā€™s throw from Santa Barbara thoughā€¦ I have flown into BUR a few times. It kind of reminds me of MDWā€¦not the longest runways, but still a lot of airline traffic.
Iā€™d really like OrbX to do Van Nuysā€¦ lots of small GA traffic, and business aviation up to BBJ size.

Yeahā€¦Iā€™ve flown into Santa Barbara before and I sort of felt like I had skipped the grunge of the LA Basinā€¦the air was clear and the big ridge line just inland. It was nice. Landing at Van Nuys I was just likeā€¦wowā€¦how do they fit all these people in this area?

Itā€™s pretty densely populated! The LA basin can have really cruddy visibility while just the other side of the mountains, it is gin clear.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool. Too bad they didnā€™t do Stuttgart, which is completely missing.

1 Like

OrbX has released Vienna (LOWW)ā€¦

They are certainly on a roll right now.

Editā€¦ I guess it isnā€™t really OrbXā€¦I just saw the scenery on OrbX Direct and assumed it was theirs.

1 Like

Download: liveries-tbm930.zip - Google Drive

2 Likes

This reminds me how disappointed I am that the simulation only comes with one livery per aicraft.

I hope the community will produce some nice ones, like it always does. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ā€œThis plane was used a lot during WW2, and for those unfamiliar with it, you can sort of think of it like the fighter jet of its time. ā€œ

You think they needed to read the whole wikipedia article for that concise and nuanced insight, or just the google preview snippet?

Also, that doesnā€™t even make sense. Like, who is this speaking to? Who is aware of modern fighter jets, but ignorant of their prop spinning forbearers?

Lol.

1 Like

Willing to bet tons of people.

My First Officer had to look up who Doogie Howser is when I called him that the other day (he is like 23 years old)ā€¦hahaā€¦we are getting old. Iā€™m excited because I think the nickname is going to stickā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

Drze-whisky Design Washington Landmarks released by Aerosoftā€¦mehā€¦I donā€™t think Iā€™m gonna pick that one up:

Also St. Tropezā€¦$9.99 - looks niceā€¦not sure if Iā€™m into that region too much thoughā€¦

1 Like

Flightbeam Denverā€¦$14.99 (further 30% off for current KDEN ownersā€¦)

https://www.flightbeam.net/kden-msfs.html/

I read today that PMDG anticipates that it will be at least 6 months to a year before they can hope to release any of their products for MSFS because the SDK isnā€™t up to scratch. That will be a problem for the other devs too. I guess I might have to consider flying the Christmas Trek in X-Plane after all.

3 Likes