MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

There were definitely some interesting design choices. There is a reason that the Caravan and Kodiak look very similar… still, I bet there are some advantages to this configuration as well.

2 Likes

lol, thought originally that this is some flightsim.to free module, just now found out its in marketplace. seems good rating it has. from the pics I have seen so far it looks much better than the DC and SC Design things.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-11-beta-release-notes-1-29-22-0/548906

1 Like

Just a word of warning about the Beta, it’s a bit of a step backwards right now. I had SU10 running very smoothly but I just couldn’t leave well enough alone… :crazy_face: Unfortunately, if you opt out of the Beta, not all the files get put back as they should be, so the sim is unplayable (the world map no longer works). Hopefully there will be a new build soon.

2 Likes

Wow, that sucks.

Hope it gets better soon!

Opting out of the first beta that became available some time ago wiped out my entire installation of MSFS. Since then I am staying away of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope you’ll get it sorted soon :+1:

I was curious to see if the Beta addressed some strange behavior I had noticed in some aircraft as they enter or leave ground effect. It doesn’t, so it was a bit of a waste of time. Probably the last time I will participate in the Beta going forward. I just hope they manage to get everything straightened out before the force SU11 on everyone. I guess they have 4 weeks to figure it out.

By the way, if you are interested in using AIG, but not so interested in downloading every single plane individually for a few days, this gentleman is offering the complete 40+ Gig download as a super-compressed 5Gb file.

Worth bookmarking!

1 Like

Pre-Release of a coming product. This looks really well done.

8 Likes

Love the PC-21! It looks more jet than many jets… :wink:
Must be a blast to fly.

Just a call: does anyone here own the Just Flight’s Warrior for MSFS?
Thanks!

1 Like

A very nice freeware

EYVI, Vilnius International Airport

http://flightsim.to/file/7118/eyvi-vilnius-international

1 Like

I jumped the gun and picked up the Deimos PC-21 for a bit under $10. I’ll say it’s worth what I paid for it if you’d like a light simulation with a pretty external model. Definitely looking forward to the IRIS version. Their Texan II for FSX was excellent, can’t imagine this one won’t be excellent as well.

2 Likes

You’ll have to let us know how the IRIS version is when you get it.

I love that cockpit. All those modern MFDs and digital avionics. Looking forward to see more of this module as it releases and gets out of early access. Beautiful looking aircraft.

2 Likes

Pre-Release Review of another coming product which again, looks very, very promising.

4 Likes

whats the advantages of these DC Designs creations? because 3D modeling and texturing doesnt look particularly that detailed to me in comparison to other devs jets.

its good performance the selling point of these modules?

DC Designs aircraft fly well and are not resource hogs… they are also squarely and unapologetically not ‘study level’. They are perfectly good for having fun and flying around in. They work well in VR in part because of performance. I have their F14, F15 and F16 (published under SC Designs). I like them for what they are.

1 Like

Agree with @PaulRix.

I have their Concorde. Fun to fly. Feels reasonable as far as the flight model goes. Systems are simplified, but not so
much that it’s incredibly obvious.

Also pretty responsive on their Discord and willing to fix what is broke…understanding that they are not study level.

1 Like

Beta 11 Update

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-update-1-29-25-0-release-notes-oct-20-2022/551091

2 Likes