MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

And yet another preview of a coming product.

3 Likes

Fun to fly…and much, much better than the ‘other’ Typhoon available for MSFS. From the same stable as the DC/SC Designs aircraft, it is exactly as I was expecting (ie not study level but with enough there to keep you interested)… Maybe a little over priced for what it is. I think a $25 price point would have been perfect.

13 Likes

agree on that.

nice shots. btw no Mach Loop this time? :slight_smile:

I figured you would all be tired of the loop by now. :wink:

FSLTL Injector 1.2 now available for update via the FBW installer.

Changes

• The IFR count set is now proportioned out across airborne aircraft and ground aircraft - based on the altitude (AGL) of your aircraft.
    – user on the ground - 50% for air, 50% for on the ground
    – user above 10000ft - 75% for air, 25% for on the ground
    – user above 20000ft - 100% for air, 0% for on the ground
    – user above 20000ft the removal of aircraft by range is also altered to encourage aircraft to be in front of you in cruise. We switch to removing everything that is behind you i.e. 90deg to 270deg of your current heading at half distance (approx. 100km)
    – Static parked aircraft will still display at airports whatever your altitude
  • Toolbar has additional sliders that update the key configuration parameters - IFR, VFR, Statics to use, Removal Time, Injection Radius. These sliders update the settings in real-time and also persist the new values to the config.
  • Split ‘no blank livery’ and ‘no generics’ into 2 options - so you can configure blanks off and generics off independently
  • Reworked the ordering of model matching - 100% FSLTL real livery first, followed by any other groups real livery, followed by any blank or generic model (depending on your no generic / no blank setting). Within each of those levels it will randomly pick a livery that works if there is more than one available which is quite often the case for AIG and sometimes for FSLTL.
  • Change the flight number allocation to use the ICAO callsign - so that we get the alpha numeric flight number used by ATC rather than the passenger all number flight number
  • Additional config file only option that puts a max limit per airport on statics to show e.g. “staticaircraftlimitmax”:20 - this will limit each airport to at most 20 static aircraft
  • Delete aircraft that go out the configured radius range in FR24 when using FSHud ATC
  • Default limits for new users reduced based to reflect improved utilization

Bug fixes

• Catch broken cfg json file that hangs the injector and prompt user to fix / delete and restart
  • Fixed bug that would be causing repeated static aircraft reinsert at some airports.
  • Fix bug that may have given incorrect flight nunber if airline used numeric value in IATA e.g. UPS, Frontier
  • Fix bug with VFR removals
  • Fix bug that meant the timed removal of aircraft based on your ‘Blocked Aircraft Removal Time’ was ineffective
  • Minor other tweaks and improvements

– Documentation updated at User Guide – FSLTL – FS Live Traffic Liveries

1 Like

X-Planes Xenviro Released For MSFS

1 Like
7 Likes

This will surely be a fun part of this sim. I really enjoyed flying glider missions in FSX.

Soaring was already fun in MSFS with the modded stuff we have, but now it will be awesome!

2 Likes

I picked up the newly released IRIS PC21 today… Well worth the money IMHO.

A quick first flight around the Mach Loop…especially for @NEVO :wink:

If you decide to buy it, make sure you are getting the IRIS PC21 and not the one available right now on the marketplace by Daemos. The IRIS version is far superior.

It will also soon be available through OrbX Direct.

5 Likes

MFSF has been on my bucket list for a while. I guy I used to work with bought it purely for the Cessna 172, because that is the aircraft he learnt to fly in, first solo etc. and raved about it. He even did a flight over our property and sent me screen shots which was really cool even though the bing maps were way out of date for our area.

Looking at all this eye candy, I’m thinking that you guys have yet again forced me to spend money on stuff I don’t need but (possibly) really want & spend time that I don’t really have :thinking:

I know the concensus will be ‘just do it’ but DCS scratches all my flightsim itches and I would would then want to fly ‘everywhere’ and considering that I have a satellite internet plan - 25Mbps DL, and a massive monthly data limit of… wait for it… 90GB ( + 180GB offpeak = 0100 to 0700), is it really feasible?

1 Like

I am not sure how much data MSFS uses, but if that may be limiting you, X-Plane 12 might be a better option.

You can get some orthophoto scenery on a hard drive and put it in your pc and then you’re set for offline X-Plane. It takes a few extra steps, but any areas for which you download ortho and overlays will look very close to MSFS levels of fidelity without needing live internet to play.

MSFS has an offline mode but it looks really ugly

2 Likes

mmm, much better :slight_smile: how is the system and engine modeling? I know I can check feature list, but there are modules in the wild where their feature list is really none-explanatory (cant tell is the case of IRIS, didnt check).

btw is there any site with written MSFS module reviews? like xplanereviews.com for XP? feels like all reviews nowadays are presented via yt.

ok, did my homework, clicked that iris product link, wasnt surprised, product description is really ‘surprisingly’ lacking.

the only reason, I see, for buying another sim platform is simulation of particular module which is not available on a platform of my choice. maybe the second reason could be whole world modeling.

e.g. if I want to fly F22 or F35 then there is no way to have this experience in DCS. the only way to have this exp now are civi sim platforms like MSFS / XP / P3D ( btw thats paradox, isnt it :wink: I know better examples could be B737 or Cessna Citation ).

e.g. if I want to visit South America then there is only limited ‘snapshot’ of it in DCS. the rest needs to be experienced in civi sim platform. and then its up to you if you go the way of ‘out of the box’ solution of MSFS or DIY way of XP / P3D (as already mentioned by Freak).

great thing about MSFS or XP is that you can try them without paying much, or anything at all.
in case of MSFS, all you need is xbox game pass subscription for one month (which is 1 piece of gold the first month) and you can see your self what is the bandwidth it needs.
in case of XP you just download free demo and you are good to go … exploring how to create your own tiles.

so the answer is ‘go, TRY both (MSFS, XP), before buying’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I always look at these aircraft based on their price point. This one comes out at about $23 USD. For that we get:

A detailed external 3D model .
A detailed (although maybe too pristine) cockpit.
Avionics that seem reasonable.
Systems that seem reasonable, with appropriate synoptic pages on the right MFD.
The flight model is enjoyable - this is a fun airplane to fly.
Excellent sounds.
Chocks, pins and covers.
You can fly it from both the front and rear cockpit stations.
There is a decent manual.

With regard to engine modeling, it seems reasonable to me as long as you operate it in the manner to which it is supposed to be used. I haven’t seen any engine damage from abusing it because, well it just goes against how I operate it I guess.

There are a few glitches that need some more work, but overall it is an enjoyable airplane to fly. There is still a lot that I haven’t looked at with the avionics. For the money I think it is good value. It’s obviously not ‘study level’ but there is still plenty to chew on.

1 Like

I’m sensing that my job is almost done here :wink: .

With regard to your bandwidth, I am also on a rural 25Mbps connection. MSFS runs very well overall. There are some things that you can switch off to reduce the data usage, for example, the photogrammetry over city areas. You can set up a decent sized rolling cache which I find works well because I most often fly in familiar areas. You can also switch off multi-player and just use AI traffic if you wish, although there is some entertainment value to seeing others do some crazy things once in awhile.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks @NEVO and @PaulRix

Problem solved. I will do a try before I buy with a game pass. If it floats my boat & doesn’t use too much data will purchase next time it is on special :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

Took the IRIS PC-21 up for a spin yesterday. After I realized the price was in Aussie dollars, how could I say no? It is a spritely ride, with plenty of power, and fast roll rates. It is definitely possible to overspeed it, and it’s not hard to end up in GLOC when turning with some smash. The visuals are good, the only thing I was finding is there is a “fade in/fade out” on the MFD’s when changing displays that was distracting. Might be completely realistic, just looked odd to me. Systems wise it’s a little light (they admit the FMS is the 747 FMS), but it’s still more than “light the fires, kick the tires.”

I haven’t gotten into nav planning with the FMS yet, or using the moving map which will eventually be user importable.

For the price in USD it’s a good buy if you like fast sleek birds and aren’t set on 100% realism.

2 Likes