MSFS Recommended Flights / Locations

Orcas Island, Washington to Blake Island to Friday Harbor and back to Orcas Island. Would be nice to take the sea plane and land in random locations.

Moselle River Germany Tour - Take off from Koblenz-Winningen and fly south west along the winding river lined with vineyards all the way to Trier.

Take off in the sea plane from Salzburg Austria and fly through the mountains southwest to Koenigsee (King’s Lake) in southern Germany and land in the mountain lake, with steep mountains on the side. The Koenigsee is a big long lake and super obvious to see.

Please keep this thread alive and post your recommended go-to locations/flights!

6 Likes

Any of these airports (in addition to the high detail WX53 (Indonesia) are fantastic…

2 Likes

Oh yes. I recommend the same exact flight that Beach took. It’s incredible. WABT is pretty scenic, especially if you’re coming from the west and landing over water.

1 Like

Yes - and you have to be careful because some of the piston singles are a bit underpowered and those ridgelines have to be carefully negotiated.

As an additional idea, I think we can hit ‘Save Flight’ in the World Menu and upload .pln files here to share flights. Not sure if that’s a file type that is allowed, but it’s just a text file, like FSX ones.

3 Likes

So now we have to recreate all the annual flights :slight_smile:

1 Like

This year I’ll be joining on the xmas flight! Looking forward to that.

2 Likes

I am definitely going to repeat my flight from Germany to Rio, my Route66 tour, and my ‘Big River’ flight down the Mississippi.
Also planning a few more.

1 Like

Done the Moselle in the real world in an Army Gazelle. Spectacular.

2 Likes

Here’s one of my favorite IFR ‘I’ve only got an hour’ things to do. Kelowna is a nice DEP/ARR as it’s small and often has challenging winds and a cool RNAV approach if you reverse the flight. The coastal mountains are nice to look at, with Mt Baker on the left as you come in. Vancouver approach is nice as you get a view of most things, downtown etc.

Here’s the PLN file to try load from the World Map (this post is just a quick experiment to see if this works):

CYLW-CYVR.PLN (7.9 KB)

2 Likes

hey @fearlessfrog, the share works flawlessly! Only remark is that it didn’t put me in the CJ4 but in a 172.

Also, welcome back!

1 Like

Kelowna to Vancouver is a good one. I heard…but have not yet experienced…that MSFS does icing pretty good. Some of that route gets high enough to probably starting picking up some ice. Not sure how the sim handles airframe and induction icing yet…but keen to explore it…

1 Like

It kind of does ‘Hollywood Icing’ but they may have tuned it back a bit. For any Jet in MSFS it’s always good to know where the deicing switches are, as the windows frost up pretty good.

2 Likes

I think the .PLN is the generic FSX one, and works on everything, so it doesn’t set an aircraft. There is also a .FLN new style one we could try as well, as I think that is just for pure new MSFS. It allows you to be able to save things ‘in flight’ and resume later as well. Like a lot of things, that’s buggy but a nice feature (practicing approaches etc)

2 Likes

afbeelding

M.A.C. Idaho’s bread and butter! In 2017 we flew a lot from ID88, but I spend quite a few flights discovering this area of Idaho with a DHC-2 in X-plane 10. I am thoroughly pleased with how it looks out of the box in MSFS2020! Well worth discovering, some bigger airfields around but also a lot of small strips that are a joy to fly into to!

2 Likes

I’m looking for Pearl Harbor… flew from Honolulu towards the direction I thought it was from my trip, can’t find it… anyone know where to go. Tried to google it but still getting lost.

It is the port of Honolulu, there is an island in the middle and it has “arms” in all directions. Just west of the airport.

1 Like

Here you go Magnum… you can actually take off from Ford Island which puts you right in the harbor area.

1 Like

Thanks… sure I was flying all around that area but could never find the memorial or the USS Missouri… would of thought those would be visible. That’s why thought I was lost. Hell I got the battle picture of Pearl Harbor on my wall next to me. Oh well thanks.

1 Like

You

You need to revert back to Microsoft Flight (2012) for that. I know many despised that game but I had a lot of fun with it and the scenery although limited was really good.

Video is time stamped and should begin right when approaching Pearl Harbor.

1 Like