MSFS - Screenshots

Our Squadron 1st CAP Cadet O Ride, is typically to KFFA.

1 Like

That is a great and meaningful tradition…!

1 Like

Been flying military sims for too many years. CAP has an entirely different connotation whenever I see it.

Wheels

2 Likes

@Victork2 and I have sat here in the real world. Will he recognise it?

Orbyx msfs2020 scenery

4 Likes

Thats the place that gives free coca cola to pilots!! Even ones in rickety little motor gliders!! I love that place!!

6 Likes

Full marks

2 Likes

The free coca cola and coffee is on the shelf to the right hand side of the picture. In fridge.
You must be careful not to fill your pockets with so many cans that you are over MTOW in the sauer engine Falkes

1 Like

I hired a C172 out of Manteo to fly there close to the centenary

1 Like

We flew the King Airs into Tingwall with no problems. 2,507ft. A Captains only landing but FOs could take off.

I had to look that one up - beautiful little strip:

Definitely nice that it is relatively unobstructed by trees. Of course…that means that the winds must just be so ferocious that nothing can root… :rofl:

A lot of our smaller fields are carved out of the woods with not very good clearways or lateral clearance. Chapel Hill and Ocean Isle airports are two that we used to take the King Air into that demanded the pilot have the right sight picture…particularly at night since back then there were not PAPI or VASI lighting. Chapel Hill has since closed (it did have a 3 lighted, painted board VASI that was pretty cool).

In looking at that Tingwall I came across this accident. In the night with those winds and a long duty day…dreadful result… 25 with higher gusts (probably par for the course in that region though huh?)…that sounded like a handful:

To grow pretty well anything requires a circular stone wall max about 10 ft radius . Things grow to the height of the wall. This is the shelter built all around the air ambulance memorial for Alan.
Tingwall was my home base on the Islander and where I was splashed with the chemical.

Duty day at the weekend was 1800 Friday to 0800 Monday with the option to extend!

The winds on the night of the accident were average. I was told by two people that were there on the night that the pilot was ‘persuaded’ to fly when he did not want to in conditions that were out of the ops manual limit for a pilot in his first year at the base. I am very biased against the company because of my injuries and the way I was treated by them.

10 Likes

Now I’m back from seeing the Giant Tortoises, time to catch up on some simming!

The IndiaFoxtEcho T45… Seems heavier than the MB339 which makes sense. I haven’t delved into the systems yet, but this definitely fun to fly. I’ll still be getting the Just Flight Hawk when it comes out. I haven’t picked up the CRJ yet, but no doubt I’ll add it to my hangar sometime soon.

8 Likes

Dressed up as a 1980’s RAF Hawk, making a run through the Mach Loop…

I guess I never really looked closely at the differences between the regular Hawk and the T45 beyond beefier gear and a tailhook. The wing is significantly different with straighter leading edges, slats and more squared off wingtips.

11 Likes

I don’t know the difference either. Close enough for me I guess. :slight_smile:

Amazing stuff

5 Likes

Nicely done video.

“one of the least populated places in Europe” :slight_smile:

Yeah, few days ago I wanted to fly over Scotland to bring back some memories and check how the places I visited back in 2013 look from above… only to realize that there are not a whole lot of airports in Scotland to fly from / to :slight_smile:

I was doing a little bit of exploring this morning and found a real gem… EG78 Out Skerries, in the Shetland Islands… It is listed as a POI on the map. This is stock scenery (with the UK/Ireland update installed)…

Now I need an Islander for MSFS!

8 Likes

Oh yeah, it was featured in one of the new landing challenges, looks amazing.

3 Likes

Walrus Yes GIF

surprised owl GIF

LOL, it just shows how much attention I pay to the challenges. I can see that it would be a challenging airstrip IRL.

2 Likes