MSFS - Screenshots

10 Likes

I have been going back and forth on pulling the trigger with the SwissMilSim Vampire. After reading some positive comments, I did the inevitable.

Graphically it isn’t exeptional, but by no means terrible.

The cockpit looks suitably worn and with this being the Swiss version of the Vampire, everything is in French and units are metric. It would have been nice to have the option for a British cockpit, but maybe that will come sometime in the future or somebody will mod it.

To fire up the beast, you have to summon a Jeep that is in effect a self propelled GPU. Once connected you have to power it up. Both functions are tied to APU commands (APU Toggle and APU Start). You have to map these to a key or controller button. Here we are connected and the GPU is on (green light)…

Steering is achieved by applying some brake and then using the rudder pedals, much like you do on a Spitfire. I mapped the left and right brake axis to the hand brake lever on my Virpil CM2 stick which worked well. It is a bit of a handful just using toe brakes.

Once airborne, the airplane is very well behaved, although it will seem very under-powered if you have been flying more modern military jets in the sim.

Landing is straight forward enough, just be careful when applying the brakes if you have any rudder input.

Also included in the package is the modernized Vampire with the longer nose.

Oh, and you have to be gentle with the engine… :wink: I induced this engine fire by pumping the throttle…it didn’t like that at all.

Overall, I like it… there are some rough edges, but the airplane is a lot of fun to fly. Worth checking out if you have an interest in classic jet fighters. It’s not study level by any means, but I am not at all disappointed with the purchase.

For anyone who might be interested:

14 Likes

Ew!!!

But the rest looks really cool! Love the vampire

Fenix departing BIKF:

Arriving EKVG in the Faroe Islands:

Back-taxi at EKVG:

Arriving in Scotland:

10 Likes

They may have improved the DX12 beta because that is working better with DLSS for me at 1440p - PC has never been this quiet running it.

Some shots from some Cold War RAFG airbases.

Oldenburg

Wildenrath

Gatow

Jever

8 Likes

First landing at Ramstein AFB on the very first flight by my godchild! Very proud that she mastered to fly the plane calm and controlled, taking off from Ramstein, going over her home in Kaiserslautern and then returning for a landing against the evening sun.

And this after a session in the racing rig, where the racing car movements via wheel and pedals are way more violently than needed in a flight sim. I’m very happy :slight_smile:

Cheers,
TeTeT

14 Likes

Quick note regarding the A310. I was a bit surprised by the somewhat poor quality of some of the textures, etc, when I fired it up for the first time.

The version that downloads with SU11 is not the full “HD” version. If you go to the marketplace, there is an “enhanced” version that ups the quality of textures and opens up the passenger cabin.

Also, you’ll need to download IniBuild’s iniManager for real-world liveries.

8 Likes

MSFS 2020 40th Ann update brought us gliders, here are the thermos which can be turned off in options…

MSFS 2020 40th Ann update brought us helicopters, here is the airflow view that can be turned off in options…

7 Likes

Really pleased that TNCM got some much-needed TLC in this update. Also, Kai Tak…wow. Definitely gonna have to do some flying out that way.

11 Likes

All those screenshots are simply amazing but that first one you posted, looking out the front window from the pilot’s seat is just photo realistic. Wow!

3 Likes

C’mon, guys. Nobody took any screenshots from our spirtual home yet??

14 Likes

We’ve come a long ways in our lifetime! :smiley: (my lifetime anyway)…

meigs

15 Likes

Nice screenshots of Meigs Field @saghen. Super

Summary

It was and still is a travesty that they let Mayor Daley get away with destroying that airfield.
Demolition of Meigs Field

Wheels

3 Likes

I was about to say “Nice Beaver”… c’mon somebody had to do it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Alright, first full flight with it under my belt and it’s all starting to come back to me from the XP version.

The level of detail in the cockpit is pretty phenomenal, especially when you consider this is costing us $0. I got really lucky today with the weather, definitely highlights the strengths of the lighting (though perhaps it has to do with changes in SU11).

14 Likes
Summary

naked gun pun GIF

6 Likes

Classic

1 Like

The latest update is pretty awesome, though the remake missions are rather weak (those FSX ones had more detail, like actual people 3d models you had to pick up or scripted events and branching paths). For me the best part are the gliders. Did you know you can even select the type of the winch you want to use (3 options). Or you can go with the tow plane.

3 Likes

Love that old Delta livery.
I wish they’d do a retro bird on the real world ones.

1 Like

Wow, you can actually play classic Flight Simulator games (from 1st to 4th) on your Garmin in the DA62.

8 Likes