Mudspike AMA with Eagle Dynamics Senior Producer Matt Wagner

I have no problem with pay update [if we get new features], but this must be communicate early and best from the beginning… not like, first it is free, now it is not free, later you will get a discount etc. pp.

here stand it is free - because it is just a graphic update - do we get new features?
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4035560&postcount=215

3 Likes

This is what Wags is saying in the AMA:

Yes. We will continue to update older content as DCS World grows, and part of that will be updating older aircraft modules like the Ka-50 and A-10C. While we will provide a free update version of these modules to existing owners, we will also provide more feature-rich versions of the module to new and existing users.

So, I’m guessing the graphical updates will be free, to existing users, but If they add more features, you’ll have to pay.
They are not going back on earlier info.

6 Likes

Thanks @wagmatt for doing the AMA. Looking forward to seeing progress on the core features.

4 Likes

Thanks @wagmatt for your time, and for answering all my questions!

Of course not everything was answered the way I would have liked to hear it (F-4 :cry: ) but most of it sounds good and makes me hopeful for the future of DCSW.

5 Likes

Well, your glass is half full now, so there’s that.

8 Likes

I’d really enjoy a Phantom…I’ll bet bringing that beast back aboard the ship was interesting. Of course, I’m a A2G guy, so I’d rather see an A-6 or A-7 maybe…but the F-4 was a nice bomb truck too…

4 Likes

A lot of good Information in that A.M.A.

3 Likes

Dad flew the C, D, and E, with most time in the latter. But even I will admit that an S would be my choice for DCS because it would fit nicely into the planned carrier ops. Anyway, if they haven’t begun building a Phantom I wish that they wouldn’t mention it. A shame because it spans Vietnam to GW1 and most of the current Soviet block/Russian DCS modules.

2 Likes

What is the capital of Montana?

Helena

LOL…you actually used that?

What is next after the F-16?

After the F-16C will come DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, Mi-24 Hind, and Mosquito.

…just then, off in the distance, apparently originating from the direction of the @Bogusheadbox residence, an anguished “Nooooooooooo!!!” could be heard.

7 Likes

Why, heatblur are doing the pig didn’t you get the memo? :stuck_out_tongue:

Last I heard they are doing a late model, TISEO equipped E model. And I for one am perfectly happy with that. It also tells me that they at least part way into one of the hardest parts of building these things: sourcing sufficient and accurate data. Ask Jason from 777 if you think that’s the easy part :wink:

5 Likes

giphy-3

4 Likes

F-111 confirmed

5 Likes

Please tack on an E to the front of the designation and say that we’re getting an EW rework. :sweat_smile:

I’d love to recreate that episode of Dogfights!

4 Likes

Watched them all but don’t know what episode you are referencing? Which is probably why I am not following your line of thought…

Wheels

1 Like

I think there was an episode about an EF-111 driving an Iraqi Mirage into the ground, making the unarmed EF-111 victorious in a dogfight.

3 Likes

Yes I remember that. He was credited with a manoeuvre kill.

Cool stuff

The Raven served in the Gulf War during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. On 17 January 1991, a USAF EF-111 crew of Captain James Denton and Captain Brent Brandon achieved an unofficial kill against an Iraqi Dassault Mirage F1, which they managed to maneuver into the ground, making it the only member of the F-111/FB-111/EF-111 family to achieve an aerial victory over another aircraft.[1][10] However, a recent article has cast doubt on this as the only Iraqi Mirage F1 in the air that night returned safely to base and its pilot reported that he shot down the EF-111.[11]

2 Likes

Did any Phantom ever feature a HUD capable of CCIP?

Real man not need HUD. Who you think you are, man of dollar 6 million?

7 Likes

“Bring me the gun of Rambo…”

3 Likes

Who do I look like? Andy Bush? I need “put the thing on the thing” because I’m horrible at angular maths…

2 Likes