Mudspike DiRT Rally 2.0 Club Invitation & Discussion

BTW. Just did a monte carlo rally in the impreza and it feels very very good. A fun game. 4th on first outing and 2 stage wins. Must drive slower

4 Likes

Gotta say I’m finding it very difficult to use a button on the wheel for me handbrake turns.

the TM RGT had both sequential paddles and a sequential stick to the side. I used the paddles for gears and the stick for the handbrake - was very convenient.

1 Like

@chipwich @weaponz248 @saghen @Harry_Bumcrack @keets @miRage

Alrighty drivers, it is time to dust off your virtual rally wheel. A new Dirt Rally 2 championship will begin this weekend on 13 January at approximately 1300 UTC

2 rally locations
7 days per rally.The championship will end on January 27 (January 28)
Each rally will have 3 stages

Look for a separate thread with more details!

7 Likes

:point_up_2:@Freak @NEVO @Johnny @Snowy55 @Victork2 :point_up_2:

(The forum lets us “@“ Mention 10 people per post.)

6 Likes

Lets do this!

3 Likes

Woot! I’m in.

3 Likes

Start your engines!

1 Like

I think I forgot how to drive after the pause :grin:

1 Like

Hey Rally heads of Mudspike. Look for a 2 event Championship starting this weekend. Details to be posted soon.

1. Rally Sweden (fyi, WRC will be at Sweden this weekend )
  2. Rally Monaco

Expect active snow, ice and cold temps at both rallies. :cold_face: :skull:

6 Likes

Is it too late to vote for two wheel drive cars?

1 Like

Hey just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Attendance dropped a little last round (both DiRT and WRC) which is completely fine- we all have lives, work, families, OTHER GAMES!.. so I thought we could use a little break. Plus I thought DCS: F-4 Phantom was on the verge of release this month and I didn’t want to interfere with the inevitable marathon we were going to undertake with the Phantom. (It does appear- barring any last minute setbacks- that the Phantom will be released next month in April.)

With all that said, how does everyone feel about moving forward with another series? Any rally locations requests? Cars?

2 Likes

I liked it but probably won’t do VR gaming this month yet. I have the space to build a proper simpit now but it will be a few weeks before I get to that.

My steering wheel broke so I’m out of action for the time being. Waiting on Fanatec.

1 Like

No problem taking a break Chaz. I was hoping that WRC would have added VR by now. I’d really like to try some of those stages. LOL, I was also mentally preparing for a Phantom distraction.

One thing that I thought would be fun is to try getting together for an AMS2 session. Something like the Aussie V8 Supercars at Bathurst or some endurance racing in the LMP/LMDhGT3v2 at Spa. Or even Group C or vintage F1 cars. It seems like multiplayer is easy to setup in AMS2. Then there is Le Mans Ultimate. It’s all good.

1 Like

I’m up for another rally. Don’t really care about location. For cars, any class we haven’t used yet is OK by me.

Whilst I’d love an AMS2 or LMU session, ping and time zones will probably prevent me from joining.

The only alternative would be a single player race against the AI (we all use the same game settings) and then post our times?

2 Likes

Juat finishing my racing setup so i dont have to swap out a HOTAS for steering wheel. Hope to be done this weekend.

So im up for a rally

3 Likes

Happy to do a rally or take a break. Whatever works for everyone.

2 Likes

After over a decade with my G27 I ordered a Fanatec wheel which hasn’t arrived yet, but I’m expecting by the end of the month.

3 Likes