Mudspike Rotary Club

I’m usually okay just flying around, though occasionally I still end up fighting with the AP. I usually go FD mode for attacks, if I am shooting unguided ordinance. I very rarely get where the AP wants to put the A/C and my target co located enough for rocket runs.

3 Likes

@Cib this is an awesome plan!

I flew a bit in your B Company too, but mostly with a different 229th subgroup, the 8-Mates.

I was taught by the same Gizzy you are talking about, great guy! As well as another guy, an American RL Mi-17 and Blackhawk pilot.
Learnt a lot about helicopter operations in general, and the Mi-8 in particular.

Like you, the commitment became too much for me after a while, but I have missed multiplayer heli ops ever since.

Like 3 others so far, I prefer the Mi-8, but will fly any helicopter if there’s not enough Russian heavy-weights around on that particular night. Gazelle is my second choice.

4 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about this and have a mission organised. With some simple ADF and a long enough leg for everyone time to lead the formation for a while.
I will get back to you all with a date asap

5 Likes

Looking forward to it. My chopper skills are pretty bareboned. Got a lot to learn!

2 Likes

Cool, keep us in the loop!

1 Like

My Crosswinds have just gained a gas strut adjustable for different aircraft types. The spring is now disconnected and my guess for the Huey is 15.

4 Likes

That was quick!

2 Likes

Long Eze pilots move fast, Saab 2000 pilots more so

saabpromo6

6 Likes

Whereas Sf25 pilots Bob along slowly and find it difficult to settle down to earth!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Did my worst ever landing in that on Saturday. I say “landing” but it was more of “semi controlled arrival”

3 Likes

4 Likes

Was this you?

4 Likes

I just learned a valuable lesson about lift or lack thereof.

I felt a complete pillock, mitigated somewhat by someone nearly landing on top of the glider tug about 5 minutes afterward.

6 Likes

Ah, so it’s not inly in the sim that you have a rather peculiar style of landing your aircraft :wink:

Some would call those barely controlled crashes, where the subsequent viability of the aircraft involved must be the work of a rather powerful guardian angel. Because as we all know aircraft have guardian angels too :angel:

5 Likes

As I said…on this occasion, calling this a landing would be stretching the limits of the term

3 Likes

It’s called job security! :wink:

4 Likes

I have assembled a mission to inaugurate the rotary club.
Based on the marianas map it includes troop transport via hueys with CAS provided by KA-50s and hinds. Recon and light CAS supplied by 2x Gazelles

The Chinese backed communists on Saipan are guilty of genocide. The US marines with pilots from the state department are tasked with seizing Saipan international to allow us to pour men and materiel into the insland to support the democratic government. Due to a SA2 site at the airport a heliborne assault under the radar is required.

Mission will be Thursday 27th at 20.00 GMT

9 Likes

Wished I could join you guys, but that’ll be 15:00 EST… I’m still working at that time.

2 Likes

I hope it will be the start of something and with working shifts at the restaurant I have to fit it into my schedule but going forward I hope I can host at different times and days of the week
:smiley:

2 Likes