Mudspike WRC - November 2023 Championship [COMPLETE]

Final event standings after Rally Monte Carlo

Championship standings

The points scoring is a Codemasters/EA thing, modified for the number of people in the club. What is interesting is the website does not acknowledge DNFs (due to CTD, terminal damage, etc)… BUT, when you click on Export CSV, you get an Excel file that displays this:

Screenshot 2023-11-16 065420

How it comes up with the total times for those that DNF’d in Stage 3 is beyond me.

Hopefully we will no longer have any CTD issues going forward.

2 Likes

Rally Sweden is now live through November 24 1227 UTC

2 Likes

You’re in good company TeTeT!

1 Like

I just downloaded a massive update to WRC and did the three stages in Sweden. Quite some mistakes, but at least I finished. I probably didn’t take many risks this time around…
Sliding through those snow/icy corners is good fun, albeit I believe I have too many aids enabled right now. Anyway, I think I played DR2 with a lot of helps too :wink:

Cheers,
TeTeT

2 Likes

Sweden complete, no CTDs this time. Snow wasnt bad, but the long fast sections kept me nervous.

3 Likes

Want.

6 Likes

Got 3 of 4. Sorry, no Rally Hauler. It’s HYOE (Haul your own equipment) to the rally.

8 Likes

Was fun sliding around the snow.

Now to Mexico for more traditional dirt rallying.

5 Likes

Well Mexico done, Last stage i completed without a tyre, It was fun.

2nd and 3rd spots heating gup for the championship. going to be interesting to see it finish out.

2 Likes

Had a nice first stage, an excellent third, and an abysmal second stage in Mexico. In the second stage I managed to slide through the fences and thought it will abort with terminal damage, but I got away with a ten second recovery penalty, pheew.

4 Likes

Considering my dismal results at rally Sweden, I began testing different cars, looking at my FFB settings, went to see a therapist, and engaged a psychic. I cursed Citroen for making such an abysmal rally vehicle, one that was bogging heavily on a full throttle launch, even after reducing gear ratios to their lowest available setting. Coming out of a water crossing, the car would almost come to a stop, as if it had been subjected to an EMP weapon attack.

At least I was driving more or less mistake free. But that was small consolation for posting times that were enough to send you packing, or at least back to rally school.

As part of the rig exam, I updated the Fanatic drivers and Fanalab software. When I recalibrated the controls, it appears that the throttle has been only going to 40%. No wonder the Citroen was behaving more poodle than lion! That is not to say that the additional 60% throttle will reward with more success, but at least I can’t blame the car.

3 Likes

:laughing: nice writeup. Yeah whatever it takes to finish the stage! You gotta be in it to win it. This could be the beginning of a new pre-race ritual for you.

2 Likes

Wild stage 3 at Mexico. Nearly wrecked it as my launch angle on that early first big jump was way off, but somehow saved the landing.

Buttkicker pleasantly surprised me with a recent update to their Hapticonnect software, adding WRC so I was able to get a nice massage during Stage 3.

9 Likes

Final standings

4 Likes

It was a close run for the podium there! Too bad I didn’t make it, in the end I guess the 10 second penalty plus the repair time penalty I took stopped me from grabbing third place. Congrats to Chaz, Saghen and Weaponz and kudos to the others for participating!

4 Likes

Wohoo! The not stopping to fix my missing tire paid off!!

Great rally guys!

3 Likes

Good series. I hope we can get more people next series.

3 Likes