Multi Crew game - "Wolfpack"

Not sure how many of you guys are into multi crew games, but I’ve found one that I’d like to share and/or play with some people here. It’s in early Alpha called “Wolfpack”. It’s a Swedish u-boat game coded by 2 (I believe) Swedish developers. It needs a lot of work still (it’s in Alpha, duh), but it has huge potential AND it’s multi-crew up to 4, I believe.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I am.

4 Likes

I think the 2d demo is just in German language only? My mistake. It does look interesting.

How does it compare to IronWolf so far, or is it because it can be run standard desktop it’s not that similar to a VR only thing?

1 Like

They have a VR version but it’s in Alpha stage also, I don’t know anything about that one. I don’t have a VR set ‘yet’.

The one I’m talking about is just the normal desktop (non-VR).

2 Likes

Ooh, color me interested.

2 Likes

Its based off of HMS marulken demo, HMS Marulken. Might be worth keeping an eye on

What really has me interested is that the team who was making HMS Marulken has teamed up with subsim.com. That is a god thing. Hopefully, it will have more sim aspects instead of being too gamey.

Definitely worth a keen eye.

2 Likes

Froogle has a play at it, quite old video.

2 Likes

Marulken was a great proof of concept - i’m really looking forward to wolfpack

1 Like

I was checking out the UBOAT topic and sort of found this again. I think this looks more ‘plot the target on a big map’ style of gameplay, which I think I’d prefer (like old Silent Hunter stuff). This one looks multiplayer only though?

Anyone have this, and is it still being updated? The last patch looks like 0.15 on 13th April or something - I wonder how it is now? Is it doable with 2 people?

No new video since 2016, which is worrying.

Jabbers did a video on it last week

2 Likes

Missed this the first time around. Looks pretty interesting.

Wheels

Also looking at wolfpack, its a very small team and will be a while before finished. Multiplayer only, however you can single run the ship. Some you tube vids out there showing how to do it. I guess the very nature of submarine warfare where everything runs slowly lays benefit to running your ship single handedly.

I believe the devs are looking into basic AI in some stations to help this. The game is random missions putting you at see near some contact of various descriptions, so navigating to port and back is not really an option.

I do not own it, but have been watching it for years and still watch youtube vids on it that get released.

2 Likes

That DOES NOT look like a good thing. :scream:

Wheels

1 Like

1 Like

I could not tell from the screenshot if it was water or smoke? Either one is going to be REALLY bad news on a Submarine.

Wheels

I thought I heard…singing…sir…

2 Likes

It was Paganini.

3 Likes