My opinion on For Honor, (and Ubisoft's direction)

I love the duels and small combat action, thou these damn kids kick my ass too much, not really a fan of the big domination with all those minions, I understand the purpose but then gets too crowed and busy for my taste. It is a very good, mechanical game. Love the 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 or 4 on 4 battles.

It does seem to be the direction Ubisoft is taking their games, it’s layout is very much like Rainbow Six Siege, which I also love but get my ass handed to me by those damn kids, lol. Both games seemed to be made to encourage friends of 4 or 5 to join forces against other players group, but both games also have a very big lean to micro-transactions, which I am NOT a fan of. Sure I’m OK with buying more maps or characters, but Siege pretty much turned it from a good squad tactical shooter to a clown shooter… and I think, in time, For Honor will also. Not to mention Add to dictionary other good game but a bunch of micro-transaction crap in it, Steep. jmo

Anyone else playing it on XB1? (it’s coming for all 3 main platforms this 14th.)

2 Likes

I watched some streams of Rainbow Six Siege, and the barrier to entry looked really high. Like, if you don’t know every nook and cranny you will get smoked. And it seemed more arcade-y than tactical.

For Honor looked mildly interesting but it’s not my type of game.

i had a go on the pc with the game i did like aswell the 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 … combat mechanics are nice and well made … but somewhere i dont think its worth the 60$ might buy it when its on sale like 30$ …

Rhino, probably why 90% of my Siege play is co-op with friends who stick together and use tactics and teamwork… on the force on force once those kids learned the map, I was done.

1 Like

i really really understand you right now lol