NATO Ministry of Information video thread

Hehe, I thought the same thing.

-The first “Combat” use of the aircraft was at an Air Force “Exercise”? That’s one realistic exercise!

-The 35 takes off at 250-300kts? Love to see the ground roll on that.

-The Direct Lift Control System is used to maintain a constant taxi speed?

Some interesting factoids there! :laughing:

5 Likes

Yeah, I saw those two but didn’t wanna dog on the video that much since the shots were cool and new to me. :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe an AI auto narration? :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Could be. Some beautiful footage though. Bet that 35 is a hoot to fly.

2 Likes

The USAF does unfortunately have a history of that…

2 Likes

Reminds me of a low-effort text to speech short about the F-22 where the text “the F-22 may” was rendered by the TTS engine as “the eff twenty second of may” :joy:

2 Likes

I hate to be this guy but that is the Indonesian flag :slight_smile: Polish flag is as if you were looking at a field of roses with a cloudy sky above the horizon. Thus, white above red. Still a really cool jet, though! We’re really seeing some convergent evolution of fighters as we proceed through the generations.

5 Likes

Good catch mate, thanks!

3 Likes

Heard this was part of the celebration of 40 years F-16 in the Royal Danish Air Force.

7 Likes

:norway: = Norwegian Flag
:denmark: = Danish Flag

Just needed to get that off my chest! :wink:
Cool passes! Wish I had been there.

6 Likes

Agree about the flags! Not my video

3 Likes

Interesting:

3 Likes

Also poingant:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not NATO in the Pacific but some neat views of Japanese F-16, F-15s and Indian Su-30s. Best watched in 4k.

3 Likes

More Japanese F-16s, F-15s and nice footage of Indian Su-30s doing some high rate climbs. Got a question for MudSpike experts out there; I just noticed that when the Japanese F-16s and F-15s take off with afterburner, the flame from the engine is a yellow-orange combination while the flame coming out of the Su-30 engines is a bluish tint. Why is that?

1 Like

All I can think of is back to my early High School science lab and compare it to a Bunsen burner. The Su has proportionally more O2 in the AB stage than the US jets? It could be related to the fuel:air ratio, i.e. the Western jets are dumping more fuel into the AB?

So good question. Because exactly why that is, I would like to know as well.

1 Like

16 Likes

Man! Physics is a wonder!

3 Likes

That is super cool!

2 Likes

Nice video of Japanese Aircraft taking off and landing in the rain. Beautiful close-in shots of the aircraft. Best watched in 4k.

6 Likes