Navy Norfolk Pic

It’s often spelled booger.

2 Likes

Ahhh that’s it! I am pretty sure I’ve never written the word before yesterday.

1 Like

That would be a fun challenge. Find and use a word you’ve never used. It would be fitting challenge for me as a true blatherskite.

When I was a lad, it was a bogey…

2 Likes

Well…I guess this what happens when you turn in early and get up late…a lot of (hopefully) helpful comments to make…here we go.

Yes, two carriers are currently in port. USS JOHN C STENNIS (CVN-74) and USS. GERALD R FORD (CVN-78). I glanced over at them yesterday as I was down at the VA Hospital Hampton; in this photo, I think that FORD is on the left and STENNIS is on the right; that’s how looked from across the bay.

Correct. NOLF Fentress is down in Virginia Beach. The squadrons from NAS Oceana use to to “bounce” - carrier pattern touch and goes. It has an IFLOS and “LSO Shack” at both ends. I went out there a few times as the “recorder” for our squadron LSO grading the passes. Very cool. I have a few stories I can share off line.

The obvious ones too. I’ve discussed this with @BeachAV8R off line. The short of it is that for me there are some avatar symbols that are reminders of the fear I now feel. Note I said “feel”. Feelings, by their very nature are most often irrational. However, that does not make them any less real.

A solution: Your attention is invited to your Mudspike account Preferences. There, under Notifications you will find a Users section that provides the option to Ignore and/or Mute specific Mudspike members. I have recently made use of this feature and have found my Mudspike experience much less emotionally upsetting for me.

Your site; your rules. I understand and respect that. That said, I for one, would like to know “where we are headed in the very short term” and “where we are headed in the longer term.” Not right away. I know you are busy.

I would support that. For me, no more fear.

Your site; your rules remains germane. That said, from a strictly Flightsim-related perspective there really is no to little “drama”. (Well, none since I have sworn off commenting on the MSFS 2020 thread.) Perhaps a 24-48 hour pause on all but the Flightsim category?

This most of all.

IMHO you owe it to yourself, your family, your flight crew and your future passengers to buckle down and focus on the actually important real flying issues. Your real flying saves lives. That you do take time to post what you have above, is a credit to your support of this little hobby of ours. I thank you.

Still, @Fridge and @Troll are more than capable of running the site for a week or so. Remember, a good leader gives his subordinates the chance to excel.

…and also remember, I did promise not to burn down Mudspike in your absence. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: I assumed that the “we” in “…where we are headed…” meant where the Mudspike site, which I am interested in learning. If it meant the bigger picture, i.e. “Life, the Universe and Everything”, I’m perfectly OK with @BeachAV8R’s prediction that everything will be “OK” and need no more details. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

When we had lots of, shall we say, “though provoking” avatars in this thread, I kind of felt like a time traveler who just arrived in May 1914, a month before WWI started. Sure everyone was being civil, but you could tell there was tension under the surface. All it would take is an Archduke getting assassinated to cause a very big ruckus.

Thankfully everything seems to have calmed down now. Just make sure that Austrian painter gets into art college, OK? :wink:

5 Likes

Probably ATC just used to the PAPI’s. I am guessing they would use an IFLOS or similar doing carrier quals on a limited length runway. Arbroath and Lossiemouth being ex Royal Navy airfields have white concrete deck sized sections in the middle of black tarmac runways for carrier jets to practice on.

This is a harrier deck for our now retired Illustrious class

1 Like