Need a New Wireless Headset - 2020 Edition

So, my old Corsair Vengeance 2100 headphones have finally gone belly up, which means I’m in the market for a replacement. I’ve read about the G933 and the SteelSeries Arctis, but I’d like to solicit opinions and feedback, especially from folks who’ve bought a couple of years ago and wanted to update since then.

Any input is appreciated- thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to watch this thread closely! I’m using my Sennheiser QuietComfort 25’s both at work and when gaming but they are not wireless and it is a pain to keep packing and unpacking them every day.

1 Like

I have a Corsair HS70, and it’s… heavy. It leaves my crown aching after just a few minutes and I have to constantly readjust it. Sound is good, but it just has a bit too much mass.

I MUCH prefer the HyperX Cloud Flight. It’s easier on the ears (though the cups are smaller), and it’s easier on the crown. My only complaint with them is that it’s easy to accidentally mute the mic when putting them on your head.

Sound quality between the two is equivocal, but I’m not an audiophile.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-770-PRO-Studio-Headphone/dp/B0006NL5SM

And don’t you go accepting no substitutes brother!

1 Like

I’ve had the G933s for a year and while I feel mostly positive about them, they occasionally behave badly enough, that I’m considering replacement. At times the volume level begins to get lower, to the point of being inaudible, even though the battery is fully charged. You can sometimes return them to normal level by toggling surround mode, but not always. The definitive fix is to unplug the transmitter for a few minutes, then plug back in. I am still working on a permanent solution, because they are comfortable and the mic seems to work well with most gaming applications. I also do not like the fact that they need the Logitech gaming software to function properly. Will post here if I find a fix.

1 Like

The reviews of the Logitechs have made me wary of buying them, honestly. I’m looking long and hard at the SteelSeries, and am also considering if I’d be ok with a wired pair - i’d have to figure out how to keep the dog and cat from getting tangled up in them.

1 Like

I have a Steelseries Arctis 7, which I bought in December after a couple of weeks of agonizing over the different ones.

Overall, I would say I’m satisfied with what I got for the price. Heavier than my old G930 behind-the-head wired model by far, and warmer (we’ll see how it fares during summer), but the battery life is good. You can use it while plugged in and charging if you must. Sound quality has more low-end than my old ones, although I think maybe it’s missing some of the high-end because I’ve not yet really spent time trying to equalize it.

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ